Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 05:11: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Chugosh Says Howdy!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chugosh Says Howdy!  (Read 1519 times)
Chugosh
Scribe

« on: 01 11, 2013, 04:33: PM »

I am new (or new again, if I have forgotten myself) to these forums.  My online handle has been Chugosh for ages, and it sounds Klingon enough that I will use the name for my Klingon persona.

I have been writing on the SLA sims for around 7 years, and in that time I have had a couple of times where I have been using the character Chugosh the Klingon.  In the first he was an engineer aboard a bird of prey.  In the first later iteration the same character joined a federation crew on their adventures, but the show did not take off.  I have just in the last week rebooted the character to that point on another Federation vessel sim, the USS Mercury, a Nebula class ship (look at the heroclix Sutherland).

http://ussmercury.net/index.php/main/index

Happy to be getting back to the Klingon thing, though I never really learned more than a few words of the language.
Dagoth
Novice

« Reply #1 on: 01 11, 2013, 10:05: PM »

Welcome!
Actions speak louder than words. Wink

http://klingonize.us/  - Convert your name in Klingonese characters.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #2 on: 02 13, 2013, 09:27: AM »

Chugosh, be welcome on these Klingon Imperial Forums.    I agree, Being Klingon is in your heart, not in your tongue.  Over time it can grow in both depending on how much time and attention you feed your inner Klingon.   Though, I myself haven't bothered to learn much more of the vocabulary than that,   Once I was honest with myself that I wasn't likely to invest the effort to be fluent, and if I was, i'd lose it quickly without practicing conversing with another Fluent klingon, I figured there wouldn't be any Klingon language speaking emergencies, and that I'd always have time to look up any vocabulary as I needed it. 

Roleplaying Klingon characters is a lot of fun.  Yeah, I've rebooted some of my characters in different alternate universes too.   When you got a great character idea, why not recycle it a different context to see how they would play in a different situation.   }}:P   I haven't quite mapped out all the characters I've played in my made up Klingon House..  But they've spanned from a bit before TOS to the 25th Century.  We were going to have a roleplay here just after the Hur'Iq were overthrown, exploring the power vacuum that would need to be filled as the Klingons resumed their own soverignty, but we didn't get enough people into it to get it to go anywhere.  Pity, it would have been glorious.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: