Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:47: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Klingons on the Big Screen
| | | |-+  Klingon characters confirmed for Star Trek Into Darkness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon characters confirmed for Star Trek Into Darkness  (Read 3036 times)
Dagoth
Novice

« on: 01 05, 2013, 10:12: PM »

Not sure, if it was posted here, but for those who haven't already heard that it is good news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48m2PAK5fmA

http://klingonize.us/  - Convert your name in Klingonese characters.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 01 06, 2013, 04:38: PM »

I do not see this as good news. Seeing what JJ did to the rest of Trek, and having seen the trench coats and helmets that were cut from the last movie, I am not optimistic about his version of Klignons.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Dagoth
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 01 06, 2013, 09:48: PM »

Yep, he seems to ignore them, but he might have learned his lesson and correct that blunder he did. Who knows...

http://klingonize.us/  - Convert your name in Klingonese characters.
Kaz Son of Maktan
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #3 on: 05 06, 2013, 03:18: PM »

I was initially thrilled to see shots of the Klingons without helmets in the Uhura teaser trailer. But after digesting the info for some time, I gotta say I am quite disappointed.
I have no doubt I will enjoy seeing the new film, but I see myself cringing a lot at JJ's (et al) interpretation. The powers that be didn't seem to spend time making these re-imagined Klingons more integrated into the established look of the TOS & Imperial Klingon look. With the Starfleet uniforms, they took that classic silhouette and made it new. With the Klingons' look, they didn't even bother with TOS representation. I was really hoping for something on the lines of Dave Messina's beautiful work in the Star Trek comic series Blood Will Tell where he blended the leather strip look of the TNG uniform with the the TOS uniform. I actually dug the helmet and trenchcoat look from the Star Trek 2009 deleted scenes. It made sense they would wear that- on Rura Penthe! Where the extreme cold required you to bundle up like that. But just taking that look and making it sleeveless (for what looks like an armored assault squad?!)- blegh...

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: