Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
02 21, 2018, 01:23: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11896 Posts in 1665 Topics by 691 Members
Latest Member: jackusopiffeza
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Language
| | |-+  General Language Discussion in English
| | | |-+  Verbs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Verbs  (Read 1818 times)
El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

jaS jIvang-ghopwIj luQIHlu'chugh qIvonlIj vIpuplaH

« on: 04 20, 2012, 03:07: AM »

Is there a definitive list somewhere that clearly shows which verbs are transitive and which are intransitive? With some of them, it is really hard to be sure.
« Last Edit: 04 20, 2012, 05:34: AM by El Payaso Malo » Logged

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
-ngoQ ghajnISbe' vIq. vIq ngoQ 'oH vIq. qatlh ngej rop'a' bIghelbe' 'ej qatlh meQ yotlh bIghelbe'. jISuvDI' meqwIj vIQIj 'e' DaghelQo'.
-qul ngaDHa' 'oH QeHwIj 'ej vaHbo' pubbogh 'Iw 'oH QeHwIj. choHIvmo' qaSuvbe'. bIyIntaHmo' qaSuv.
chalvatlh
Klingon formerly Known as Fraek
Discoursing Diplomat

In order to succeed, you must enjoy eating poison!

« Reply #1 on: 04 20, 2012, 11:31: AM »

Is there a definitive list somewhere that clearly shows which verbs are transitive and which are intransitive? With some of them, it is really hard to be sure.
Not that I know of. When in doubt, I usually go to www.klingonska.org/canon and search for example sentences.
For example, if I want to know if ghur ("increase") is transitive or intransitive, I search for =*ghur*
El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

jaS jIvang-ghopwIj luQIHlu'chugh qIvonlIj vIpuplaH

« Reply #2 on: 04 20, 2012, 09:20: PM »

Not that I know of. When in doubt, I usually go to www.klingonska.org/canon and search for example sentences.
For example, if I want to know if ghur ("increase") is transitive or intransitive, I search for =*ghur*

Tesseraktik, you deserve a head butt. This is very, very useful. Thank you. If you haven't already checked it out, I recommend an application called boQwI' for the Android operating system. It is quick, easy, efficient and mobile. The entire interface is also in Klingon, which I really like.

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
-ngoQ ghajnISbe' vIq. vIq ngoQ 'oH vIq. qatlh ngej rop'a' bIghelbe' 'ej qatlh meQ yotlh bIghelbe'. jISuvDI' meqwIj vIQIj 'e' DaghelQo'.
-qul ngaDHa' 'oH QeHwIj 'ej vaHbo' pubbogh 'Iw 'oH QeHwIj. choHIvmo' qaSuvbe'. bIyIntaHmo' qaSuv.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: