Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 11:32: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Klingons on Television
| | | |-+  Worf denied
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worf denied  (Read 2573 times)
ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« on: 02 21, 2012, 08:21: PM »

Here's a pretty funny video of Worf being put down again and again when he served on the Enterprise under Picard. The Humans never did appreciate his warrior mentality!
El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

jaS jIvang-ghopwIj luQIHlu'chugh qIvonlIj vIpuplaH

« Reply #1 on: 03 30, 2012, 05:38: AM »

Wow, fifteen straight minutes of people telling Worf to stick it? I wonder if other people on the show have been told to shut up that much. Worf is usually the dude that gets beat up or knocked around to show that the new threat is tough.

But the thing about not sending your chief science officer? That is genius.

qeSDajmo' van'a' qotlhbej wo'rIv

He should get a medal for it.

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
-ngoQ ghajnISbe' vIq. vIq ngoQ 'oH vIq. qatlh ngej rop'a' bIghelbe' 'ej qatlh meQ yotlh bIghelbe'. jISuvDI' meqwIj vIQIj 'e' DaghelQo'.
-qul ngaDHa' 'oH QeHwIj 'ej vaHbo' pubbogh 'Iw 'oH QeHwIj. choHIvmo' qaSuvbe'. bIyIntaHmo' qaSuv.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 04 04, 2012, 03:30: AM »

Wow, fifteen straight minutes of people telling Worf to stick it? I wonder if other people on the show have been told to shut up that much. Worf is usually the dude that gets beat up or knocked around to show that the new threat is tough.

Or that the new threat is smart enough to find the weak link in its opponent's chain. Not all strengths are physical.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #3 on: 04 04, 2012, 02:33: PM »

To be serious for a moment, I believe Worf (and Klingons in general) are supposed to represent the aggressive tendencies of American society, in the same way that Ferengi are supposed to represent its greed.  Worf proposes the solution that (the writers imagine) the average man on the street would propose: suspicion of strangeness and an attack-first mentality (what would Worf be like if Next Gen or DS9 were on today?).  That nobody takes his advice and they eventually find a non-aggressive solution is supposed to show that 24th century humans are beyond the base instincts of today.
El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

jaS jIvang-ghopwIj luQIHlu'chugh qIvonlIj vIpuplaH

« Reply #4 on: 04 15, 2012, 10:06: PM »

You can pretty much sum up almost every Star Trek race with one word:

Vulcan = logic
Klingon = aggression
Ferengi = greed
Human = discovery
Romulan = treachery

Pretty much everyone comes from a planet of hats.

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
-ngoQ ghajnISbe' vIq. vIq ngoQ 'oH vIq. qatlh ngej rop'a' bIghelbe' 'ej qatlh meQ yotlh bIghelbe'. jISuvDI' meqwIj vIQIj 'e' DaghelQo'.
-qul ngaDHa' 'oH QeHwIj 'ej vaHbo' pubbogh 'Iw 'oH QeHwIj. choHIvmo' qaSuvbe'. bIyIntaHmo' qaSuv.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: