Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 05:15: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  I am a'Noi N'gurl aka QuarksBarb
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am a'Noi N'gurl aka QuarksBarb  (Read 1850 times)
a'Noi N'gurl
Newcomer

« on: 01 13, 2012, 07:04: PM »

Greetings!  Thank you for accepting me into this forum.  

Some of you may know me from the other forums I belong to.

My Klingon name is a'Noi N'gurl (*) but I am better known as QuarksBarb, the proprietor of Quark's Qantina (http://www.quarksqantina.com/00home.html), the Star Trek themed costume party we host every spring.  

Most of my presence online is related to the acquisition of knowledge, props and costume pieces which support this event.  We have a huge collection of found items -- those items used on the show that were not made by the production department but were 'found' in regular stores and are, therefore, findable by fans -- which we use to serve the food and drinks at the party.

I am also the owner of a found item website, www.QuarksBarb.com (http://www.quarksbarb.com/00founditems.html) where I have cataloged many of the bottles, glasses, and other tableware used in the series.  If you have a found item that you are searching for, let me know and I will see if I can locate its origin for you.

Thankfully, my mate is a Trek fan and understanding of the time I spend on this 'hobby'.  He's a shapeshifter.  I never know what species he's going to present as!

I'm looking forward to both learning from and sharing what I've learned with the members of this group.

(*) My 'name' was chosen by my mate, and I thought it was hilarious; but, I need to clarify, that I make it a point not to annoy anyone but him.

a'Noi N'gurl aka QuarksBarb

« Last Edit: 01 13, 2012, 07:31: PM by a'Noi N'gurl » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 02 14, 2012, 10:24: PM »

The humor behind the pronunciation of your name did not hit me until few days ago when I was trying to navigate surface-level, road-warrior rated traffic -- the sort of traffic where you find yourself an unwilling combatant and gripping the controls so hard that your hands bleed. Our of nowhere, the spelling and pronunciation collided inside what passes for my brain in a way the traveler beside me with whom I was already almost trading hull paint with me narrowly missed. I burst out laughing at the absurdity of it all.

I enjoyed your site, and would gladly leave reality at your door for an extended vacation at the Cantina. I believe I could live for quite a while off of a diet of the spiced crickets and mealworms dish alternted Dalavian chocolates and washed down with pitchers of Takarian Mead and good company.

-=- Kesvirit

[Edited for coherence. -=- Kesvirit]

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
QoghtlhIH'u'
Old Guard
Lettered Veteran

qaStaH nuq? toqDuj vImojchoH?

« Reply #2 on: 02 28, 2012, 04:07: PM »

great name, interesting cantina!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: