Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:26: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Programmers Guild
| | |-+  Mobile Apps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mobile Apps  (Read 2200 times)
qurgh_
Klingon Conversationalist

« on: 03 29, 2011, 06:36: PM »

I've been making some Klingon apps for mobile devices for a while now, but now I've run out of ideas (after making a Klingon dictionary, a Klingon speedometer, a Klingon clock/stardate, a couple of Klingon games and some apps to help teach tlhIngan Hol and pIqaD).

Does anyone have any ideas for Klingon related apps they would like to see on their mobile devices?

ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #1 on: 03 30, 2011, 05:35: PM »

How abut a Klingon Eliza app: have a conversation with an  AI in Klingon while you're standing in line somewhere.
qurgh_
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #2 on: 04 04, 2011, 08:18: PM »

I would love to make something like that, but I don't know the first thing about AI programming. Sad

I'll have a dig around and see if there is any usable code out there.

ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #3 on: 04 05, 2011, 09:04: PM »

The original Eliza just searched for keywords and generated a set of canned responses to them, sometimes substituting those keywords into the canned responses. It would be generous to call it "AI", but it was pretty convincing. I was able to make a workable version for the Commodore 64 (!). The heart of the app was a fairly simple word search routine; the creativity comes in to developing clever responses. Of course, Klingon grammar would present its own issues.  Wink

Now that I think of it, I believe that Holtej from the old KLI had included a Klingon Eliza function in his pojwI' program. I never used it, so I can't say anything more about it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: