Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:07: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Any other members of Kag Kanada in here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any other members of Kag Kanada in here  (Read 3622 times)
Koron
Newcomer

« on: 03 02, 2011, 03:56: AM »

Hello Lt. Koron Stiq commander of the IKV Deathwing based in Montreal Canada. Any other members of Kag Kanada here?
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 03 21, 2011, 01:56: AM »

Greetings to you, Lt Koron. We had a few KagKanners, as some knew them, involved the Forums early on. The KIDC, the group that hosts these Forums, seceded amicably from KAG Kanada in the early nineties, and private subforum was set up exclusively for use by members of KAG Kanada. Unfortunately none have returned since the Great Crash of 2003 that kept the Forums offline for a month. I do not know whether KAG Kanada still exists as a fandom entity, or like many has since dissolved, its membership and member ships floating away like constituent particles into the void.

(Ugh. I ask your indulgence in overlooking my kalish composition and amarklor allayance. It has been a time of great hardship and too little sleep here at the Consulate.  }}8 S  )

I also ask that you point any KagKanners you may know in the direction of these Forums -- the private KAG Kanada subforum still exists, a bit dusty but fully functional and ready for use. Contact me via email or PM for the access code.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qeliv
Newcomer

« Reply #2 on: 03 29, 2011, 11:32: AM »

Nuqneh Lt Koron.  KAG Kanada is still very much alive.  www.kagkanada.ca is the website.  There are various forums, both on Yahoo and Facebook.  For some reason the KIDC site was not utilized.  It was made available to the membership, however the support was not there.

To address Kesvirit, in 2009, KAG Kanada celebrated its Twentieth Anniversary in Vulcan, AB.  We held our Grand Assembly at this celebration.

In November this year, 2011 KAG Kanada will have its Grand Assembly in Halifax, NS.  At the same time the Fifteenth Anniversary of the SonchIy Squadron will be held at Hal-Con.  In honour of this, J.G. Hertzler, General Martok from Deep Space Nine, will be one of the Guest Stars.  SonchIy Squadron Reunion 2011 is the Facebook site for the SonchIy Squadron, and the Facebook Con site is Hal-Con Sci-Fi/Fantasy Convention.

Qel Iv Satir, Ambassador KAG Kanada

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 04 04, 2011, 03:32: AM »

Good to hear that KAG Kanada is still alive and well! You and I  corresponded briefly on what was then Usenet back in 2007 as you were putting out word of KAG’s 20th Anniversary Do At Galaxyfest 2009. <Kor> It must have been... glorious. </Kor>. If you have any good tales to tell of KAG Kanada’s 20th or any other con or Klingon event, whether tall or properly proportioned, I urge you to post them in the Convention Reports and Reviews section. Many of us lack the resource to travel to cons, and are eager for firsthand reports of Klingon events.

You wrote that “For some reason the KIDC site was not utilized.  It was made available to the membership, however the support was not there.”

What kind of support did/do you lack? If it is on the Forums end, we need to know about it to see if we can fix it. We may or may not be able to make up for limitations in the Forums’ software, but if a Mod or Admin dropped the ball, we wish to know what went wrong so it doesn’t happen again! General comments/problems/complaints ban be posted to Forum Feedback. Personal complaints are best communicated to Admins via PM or email in order to keep flame wars from erupting on the open boards. If in doubt, you can always email or PM me, and I’ll make sure your concerns are directed toward the right person and see what we can do to address them.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qeliv
Newcomer

« Reply #4 on: 04 09, 2011, 10:30: PM »

The support I referred to was the support of the membership of KAG Kanada.  There were no complaints or issues with the KIDC site.

I have been working on a blog about the beginnings of the IKV SonchIy Squadron.  I started the blog so there would be an available history for the current and former members.  The feedback has been positive so far.

http://qeliv.blogspot.com is the address of the blog.

Qel Iv
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 04 10, 2011, 03:15: PM »

Well done blog.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
qeliv
Newcomer

« Reply #6 on: 05 01, 2011, 08:47: PM »

Thank you.  I have tried to post a reply to your post, however I have been having some trouble. 

There are quite a few new posts up now. 
Korath
Newcomer

« Reply #7 on: 05 20, 2011, 03:03: PM »

Greetings,

I have just stumbled upon your forum.  I am Thought Admiral Korath epetai-MolaQ, the Senior Command Officer of KAG Kanada.  Now that I know of this gathering place, I will be checking in regularly.  As Ambassador Qel'Iv mentioned KAG Kanada is alive and well, I took over the club from him at our 20th Anniversary.   Shocked

I'm still plotting a way to get even for the promotion, but rest assured Qel'Iv it will come.   Evil

- Korath

What is the Chain of Command?  That's the chain I'm going to beat you with if you don't follow my commands!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: