Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 13, 2017, 01:36: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  Klingon Arts and Music
| | |-+  Klingon Music and Lyrics
| | | |-+  Would appreciate some feedback
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would appreciate some feedback  (Read 2759 times)
chuS ugh
Newcomer

« on: 11 13, 2010, 05:43: AM »

I've made a couple of videos of Klingon songs my band does--one original and one from TNG series.  Would love to have any feedback as that would especially help us as we're developing more arrangements of songs from the series as well as original material.  Caveats--yes, I understand that the Klingon Victory Song is not particularly grammatical, and yes we're still working on our pronunciation and diction (any specific tips on the latter would also be appreciated).

Here is the Klingon Victory Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PDY7qtTsVw

And our tune, "be' joy' Lukasa"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igaq_qNZVYg

Notes about each song included in the description for anyone interested.

Many thanks!

chuS'ugh
qurgh_
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #1 on: 11 15, 2010, 07:44: PM »

The "Klingon Victory Song" was never grammatical. I never even ment anything. It's sad that Paramount would get Okrand to do Qoy qeylIS puqloD, but not any of the other Klingon songs.

If you need any help with translations or pronunciation let me know. Other past few months I've gotten pretty good at recording Klingon audio for others to learn pronunciation from.

j'onn
Newcomer

« Reply #2 on: 11 29, 2010, 08:04: AM »

Really appreciate the offer, qurgh--and really sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at Starbase Indy.  Hope the opening night of the Klingon Christmas Carol went well. 

I'll very likely take you up on the offer once we start getting our Klingon "Ballet" libretto drafted--thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: