Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:33: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  Klingon Arts and Music
| | |-+  Klingon Music and Lyrics
| | | |-+  The First Produced Klingon Opera
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Produced Klingon Opera  (Read 4070 times)
El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

jaS jIvang-ghopwIj luQIHlu'chugh qIvonlIj vIpuplaH

« on: 09 17, 2010, 07:32: AM »

Why wasn't I told about this: http://www.u-theopera.org/ ?
 Shocked
It is the first Klingon opera (or tlhIngan ghe'naQ wa'DIch). It is called 'u', which means the Universe.
I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about it on this site. Is anyone else as excited as I am? I can't get to Europe, so I hope they'll bring it a little closer to home, or at least release a DVD.
 Thumbs up!

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
-ngoQ ghajnISbe' vIq. vIq ngoQ 'oH vIq. qatlh ngej rop'a' bIghelbe' 'ej qatlh meQ yotlh bIghelbe'. jISuvDI' meqwIj vIQIj 'e' DaghelQo'.
-qul ngaDHa' 'oH QeHwIj 'ej vaHbo' pubbogh 'Iw 'oH QeHwIj. choHIvmo' qaSuvbe'. bIyIntaHmo' qaSuv.
chalvatlh
Klingon formerly Known as Fraek
Discoursing Diplomat

In order to succeed, you must enjoy eating poison!

« Reply #1 on: 09 17, 2010, 12:54: PM »

There has been some talk of it, here, actually, althoigh primarily about the first production, which was on a slightly smaller scale.  Floris Schönfeld comes on these forums every once in a while; you can try doing a forum search for "Floris Schonfeld" to see his posts.
qurgh_
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #2 on: 09 17, 2010, 01:45: PM »

It's been all over the Klingon mailing lists, forums and twitterverse for the past couple of months.

Marc brought the initial translation he was working on to the qep'a' for us to look over. We got a couple of new words from it.

chalvatlh
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #3 on: 09 17, 2010, 01:51: PM »

Indeed, I absolutely recommen that you join the KLI's mailing list, EPM II; there's been quite a bit of discussion about this, there, and there's currently a discussion going on there about the instruments seen in 'u'[/u].

...that, and it's just an aweaome mailing list in general Wink
El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

« Reply #4 on: 09 17, 2010, 05:07: PM »

I have now subscribed. I guess the first time I read the faq, it looked like I would have to join the KLI. Don't get me wrong, I want to, but I heard on this forum that the KLI was either abandoned or severely understaffed and couldn't respond or process orders and the like. Lawrence didn't answer my email, so I'm not sure. I didn't want to send an order for membership if no one was going to process it, if that makes sense.

Could you post the new words from the opera? Not sure how I'd get them, otherwise.

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
-ngoQ ghajnISbe' vIq. vIq ngoQ 'oH vIq. qatlh ngej rop'a' bIghelbe' 'ej qatlh meQ yotlh bIghelbe'. jISuvDI' meqwIj vIQIj 'e' DaghelQo'.
-qul ngaDHa' 'oH QeHwIj 'ej vaHbo' pubbogh 'Iw 'oH QeHwIj. choHIvmo' qaSuvbe'. bIyIntaHmo' qaSuv.
chalvatlh
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #5 on: 09 17, 2010, 05:31: PM »

Could you post the new words from the opera? Not sure how I'd get them, otherwise.
Here is the new words discussion in the e-mail list archives:  http://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/2010/July/msg00045.html
qurgh_

« Reply #6 on: 09 17, 2010, 06:15: PM »

The KLI has defiantly not been abandoned and it still has the same staff it's always had.

The KLI did stop producing HolQeD, which is what the membership used to pay for, but there are now new ideas in the work that will hopefully help Klingon speakers across the world (if they pan out). There was much discussion at the qep'a' this year about these kinds of things.

El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

« Reply #7 on: 09 17, 2010, 07:22: PM »

Thanks. Do you know where I can aquire old issues? I think you had about seven on your site, and I was enjoying them.

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
qurgh_

« Reply #8 on: 09 17, 2010, 07:37: PM »

You can probably get some from Lawrence.

Lawrence said he's working on getting them online. He was supposed to send me the old DTP files to see if I could convert them, but he never did. Hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later as there are a couple I'm missing that I'd really like to get a hold of.

El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

« Reply #9 on: 09 17, 2010, 10:19: PM »

Will the be physical or virtual copies? Is jatmey on the agenda, as well?

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
qurgh_

« Reply #10 on: 09 20, 2010, 06:38: PM »

I'm assuming virtual. As for jatmey, I don't know the answer to that. I emailed Lawrence today about some other things and mentioned the website. Hopefully he'll let me know what's up.

El Payaso Malo
Lettered Veteran

« Reply #11 on: 09 20, 2010, 06:51: PM »

I'm assuming virtual. As for jatmey, I don't know the answer to that. I emailed Lawrence today about some other things and mentioned the website. Hopefully he'll let me know what's up.

That will be wonderful. Personally, I believe both of those publications to be very, very important to the language, and hopefully all Klingonists will eventually have access to them.

-'IwwIjDaq 'oH veS.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: