Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 02:43: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Qapla'!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Qapla'!  (Read 5656 times)
Barsid
One Post Wonder

« on: 07 08, 2010, 10:17: PM »

I am new to this site. It is an honor to be here  Smiley
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 07 09, 2010, 05:49: AM »

It is an honor to have you here, and you do honor to us and to yourself by spelling Qapla’ correctly! I hold spell-flamers as the lowest of low and realize I am on the verge of becoming a Qapla’!-barking klone, but it warms my livers to see a newcomer get it right... the first time.... Excuse me while I compose myself.  }}; )

Reticence is a common enough Klingon trait, but true shyness is rare. Do you want to risk drawing the attention of the Thought Masters for study? Then tell us something about yourself! Common introduction topics include how you got here, what draws you to Klindom, tales of your heroic exploits (exaggeration is both acceptable and encouraged), any of your own areas of study or interest, and why you hate nosy Admins.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Jarak
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 07 09, 2010, 07:31: AM »

Hmmm...

Thought it was always with the ' between the A and the P... Learning something new.. Awesome

Jarak
Son of Krescha
House fo Krescha
Qapla'
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 07 10, 2010, 06:20: AM »

Welcome.

Being a terrible speller (in both languages) I am usually the last to spell flame. I do often bristle as the misuse of words, especially in Klingon settings. I am glad you made a statement of success as opposed to thinking that asking us what we ant is an acceptable greeting when you first arrive somewhere. That is usually what happens when folks stop reading the dictionary after page one.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: