Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 09:01: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Jarak, Son of Krescha
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jarak, Son of Krescha  (Read 2887 times)
Jarak
Novice

« on: 06 29, 2010, 08:51: PM »

Greetings, I am Jarak, Son of Krescha. Of the Imperial House Krescha, Under the House of Gowron.
I was once a Warrior in the Klingon Assault Group. I once mingled with the Great and Respected " Kragtowl "!
I was once a Marine Captain on the Klingon Vessel " Ikv Guardians of Sto Vo Kor ". And proud of that crew i was. Its captain Qontoy'Hoh, as well.
I now am returning to Klingdom,and to pursue a more Klingon Civilian Dream. The KMA - Klingon Merchants Association. The Empire was not built on Blood alone.
Hail to the Empire.
Greetings to all.
Qa'pla!
 Thumbs up!
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 07 06, 2010, 07:32: AM »

Greetings and welcome to the Forums, Jarak! I agree that the Empire was not built on blood alone, and that economic imperialism is both a simpler way of conquest and control and a better use of blood.

While I see trade guilds as an integral part of Klingon societies, I do not think an individual Merchants Association would take hold within the Empire. If the one is game, I look forward to telling you why and discussing the matter further once I have met a deadline on a particularly unpleasant requirement and sent the g’dayt thing on its way.

In the meantime, I refer you to the thread What drives the Klingon Economy?, and ask if anything there applies to or otherwise fits within the structure of the Klingon Merchants Association.

With curiosity,
-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Jarak
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 07 07, 2010, 04:20: PM »

What Drives the Klingon economy, is most likely greed for power, position, etc.
My intent is to place the House Krescha in a view as a House, Determined to assist its people.
www.houseofkrescha.com
My website, though still under construction, is viewable somewhat if you go to it. read the first page, "House of Krescha" It explains the House and its founder and its means for growth. Humble and non-militaristic. Jarak, my persona has no intent for power in the empire, even though his KMA will allow him some...The KMA is a seperate entity from the empire, but existing within the empire to fulfill the needs of those Klingons unable to partake in the riches and pleasures of the elite classes, and more enriched houses. Some cooperation is given to the Klingon Commerce Agency, but limited at best.

More content will be placed on my website over the next few months. Including dedication pages, and more info on the KMA's economic intent and format.
I would love to talk with you when you would like to. Advice and discussion is always welcomed. Feedbacck is good.

kma22220@yahoo.com    or    jarak@houseofkrescha.com

As a side thing, for conventions and such, i am considering creating a Klingon Imperial Bank note, as a sign of currency, either as paper, plastic, or made of metal.  Just a thought for now.

Jarak
Son of Krescha
House of Krescha
KMA

Qa'pla!

[Edit: changed post title]
« Last Edit: 07 08, 2010, 11:45: PM by Kesvirit » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 07 09, 2010, 12:19: AM »

There has been some confusion; the one misunderstands my previous post. On these Forums, text in red underlined in red indicate links to other material. In this case, What drives the Klingon Economy? is a discussion thread on said topic. Clicking on it will take you there. I recommended that you read that thread as an interim measure until I or another poster can reply to what you have written so far about the KMA. It may give you insights that you can use to strengthen the foundations of the KMA.

(To whomever posts the first response: quote the material you are referencing from this thread and post your thoughts on the KMA in a new thread in the Klingon Social Studies section. Splitting threads by post can be very difficult; splitting posts by topic is impossible. Literally. Hence the following line in the Rules and Regs page: “When you have judged that a reply is sufficiently off-topic to warrant its own thread, post the reply to the appropriate subforum with its new heading.” We now conclude this pre-emptive moderating and return you to your regularly scheduled introduction thread.)

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Jarak
Novice

« Reply #4 on: 07 09, 2010, 01:04: AM »

No offense. I did not understand a thing you just said in your recent reply. I am confused, for sure.

I was leaving my e-mail so you and i could talk about KMA, or other klingon stuff.. Its all more of a side thing to do, and my website is not just based on klingon canon, fandom, but sim as well.

So, honestly, im not into taking it as seriously as you are. I respect your dedication, but im not on that level. Just looking to chat with other klingons.

If this is not within your realm of rules, etc.. then please remove my access to this forum, and i shall netwrok thru my website, and local ships.

thanks

Jarak
Son of Krescha
House of krescha
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 07 09, 2010, 05:10: AM »

My apologies... Communications are not always my strong suit, and sometimes the more specific I try to be the more I complicate things. Do not let that put you off. I will call on Klythe to provide clarification.

There are plenty of other Klinfolk here to chat with on a variety of topics. If you can come up with something we haven’t discussed yet, as you have with the KMA, so much the better! One of my personal goals in participating in these Forums is to take what we do know of the Empire and its workings from movies, TV, books, etc., and build upon it to fill in the blanks and debunk mistakes in canon. This “take an aspect of Klindom and run with it” is exactly the sort of thing you are doing with the KMA, and why hearing of it makes my ears tingle.

You will be in good company. One poster has developed a Klingon calendar, several have developed religious systems, talented costumers and propmakers have come up with intricate pieces more detailed than anything I have seen on screen and shared their accumulated wisdom and results. One poster took a throwaway line from a novel and developed a constituant species, complete with biological systems, social structures, and evolutionary history. Another uses animated Legos to make PSAs in thlIngan Hol. Others have staged plays and opera in thlIngan Hol, or written fic or made films.

These are hardly the only examples of creative Klinfolk out there, merely the first to come off the top of my sickness-addled mind. My Admin duties put a real crimp in my posting time, so my aspirations are not as grand.  Given the time (always in too-short supply) I’ll chat about anything.

My point -- and I do have one -- is that no one works in a vacuum. Feedback is invaluable to any project, and a lot of inspiration can spring from casual chat.

As for realtime chat, the KIF has its own dedicated chat room at http://www.klingon.org/phpchat/index.php, open 28/10 for your chatting pleasure. We used to hold regular chat sessions, but were defeated by scheduling challenges and time zone differences. If anyone wants to try to resurrect live chats, I’ll do what I can to set them up. To log on, enter your user name (leave the password blank) and hit the chat button. You can also hold private chats there, though I don’t know if “private” means “secure”. It is another matter I will have to put to Klythe as he is the one who installed it.

Again, Jarak, do not let the incoherence of one poster discourage you. If you find a thread that interests you, jump in!*  If you don’t, I encourage you to start one that does! (Light RP is optional.)

* Why am I hit with the image of a Klingon soldier in full battle gear doing a cannonball off the high-dive with the battle cry of “Wading in from the shallow end is for sissieeeeeeees!” I can only hope it is the medicines.

Jarak
Novice

« Reply #6 on: 07 09, 2010, 07:25: AM »

WoW....
Thankyou sir.

I will stay and learn and chat with others, and i will do my best to learn the ways here.

Thanks

Jarak
Son of Krescha
House of Krescha
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #7 on: 07 10, 2010, 06:09: AM »

Oh good you are still here.  I'm glad Kesvirit's pet Fluffy (whose picture serves as her avatar) didn't scare you off.  Although we sometimes add a bit of Klingon flair to our administration duties, I hope we aren't unreasonable.  If we seem overly intense at times, keep in mind that we have been chosen (and have chosen to accept) to accept the duty administrate a board dedicated to Klingons.  Klingons, being known as a species full of  opinionated, forceful and often violent individuals who really enjoy arguing. }}:P   Fortunately our forums are hosted by the Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps, so even the more die-hard Klingons are expected to behave diplomatically.

So  even in administration duties we struggle to balance diplomacy with forcefulness aimed with the goal that there is no confusion about what the infraction was and what will happen if now knowingly, the rule is flagrantly violated.  If we banned everyone who at one point addressed Kesvirit using male verbiage, she'd have had to ban me as well as far too many other conversational Klingons. 

We don't believe it's reasonable to ban someone for simple mistakes or for failing to dedicate your life to all things Klingon, in fact many of the Rules and Regulations: The Forum Etiquette and Posting Guidelines Are designed to make the forums friendly and accessible to casual Klingon fans, such as the rule that readers aren't expected to have either fluency in the Klingon language or a copy of the dictionary in arm's reach, so  message posters are expected to provide translations for all Klingon language text except in designated forums.  If you haven't read through them, now would be a good time to read just click --> Rules and Regulations: The Forum Etiquette and Posting Guidelines.

So relax and have something to drink if you wish, *offers a metal pint jar with white clouds streaming off it*  You neck isn't even close to the chopping blade.

As far as Kesvirit's technical questions....
. You can also hold private chats there, though I don’t know if “private” means “secure”. It is another matter I will have to put to Klythe as he is the one who installed it.

Private chats are as secure as any other private communications on these foruns.  While they are not encrypted and thus they could quite possibly be intercepted by a compromised internet router between your computer and the forum's host computer, on this site it is only viewable during the chat session and only to the people in the session.  Which ought to be secure enough for discussing Klingon topics, but any talk you might have (I'm sure you don't, but as an extreme example)  about overthrowing any governments or committing terrorism or capital crimes wouldn't be good in KIF chat.  }}:P

I look forward to chatting with you.   I've created a new topic to discuss some good  chat times.
Jarak
Novice

« Reply #8 on: 07 10, 2010, 09:50: AM »

Ok, Yes i am staying for as long as you allow me too.
I do not remember my language with the other Thought Master Administrator being rough or vulgar, but i was confused a bit, and she straightened it out, so from my view it is all good.

I will admit after reading over this forum, it is expansive, as well as complicated, but i will do my best to operate thru it with respect to others and with caution.

The only conversation about government i would have in here, is would it not be grand if society in real life was remodled after the klingon way of life.  Cheesy

I know some of the language in writing and tongue, but i am no linguist.

I have a website im working on to present my House to the world.  I am networking on it to provide links to Houses, ships, and fleets around the world. It is still under construction, but it is open to look at it. What there is at the moment anyway.

I greatly appreciate your patience with my noobness. ( World of warcraft word )

I am on Facebook, if you are, and want to link. look up " Jarak Krescha "

Thanks

Jarak
Son of Krescha
House of Krescha
Thumbs up!
Jarak
Novice

« Reply #9 on: 07 22, 2010, 06:30: AM »

I have started my own Klingon Vessel. The IKV Nem'Orta. A D-7 Cruiser.
Will have a website/Blog up soon.

Thanks
Jarak
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: