Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 09:01: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Thank you vaS'a' for accepting me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you vaS'a' for accepting me  (Read 3576 times)
Kabek
Novice

« on: 04 17, 2010, 02:38: PM »

Hello everyone.  I have been a Klingon fanatic since Christopher Lloyd played Kruge.  I hope to find honor, fellowship and brotherhood before going to Stovakor and joining the Black Fleet with my father.  I want to bring glory to the forum and honor to myself.  My favorite Klingon is Kurn, Worf's ex-bother.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 04 17, 2010, 08:14: PM »

Welcome to the Forums, Kabek! I have been a Klingon fan ever since seeing Kor in “Errand of Mercy,” and a Trek fanatic since I saw my first Trek episode at age six. (It was a low point for Trek, and I am too ashamed to name the episode. Let me only say in my defense that I was a small child at the time.) Kor was deliciously slimy, I loved his sarcasm, and Colicos’s apparent revelry in cranking it up for the role was contagious. Never saw the appeal of Kurn myself. Perhaps the one can enlighten me as to Kurn’s worthwhile attributes.

As for Christopher Lloyd... while he acquitted himself honorably as Kruge, I was never quite able to shake the fact that it was really Rev. Jim playing a Klingon after all those years of drug abuse took a different turn. There’s a thread subtitled “Kruge Revisited” here should you wish to jump in.

I do not wish to pry, but some of your words disturb me. Does the one have imminent expectations of joining his father? In mean time we welcome you here, where you will find all three along with some hearty Klingon sisterhood. I hope we may be a part, however small, of making your transition a smooth one.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kabek
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 04 18, 2010, 04:35: AM »

Kesvirit, I meant no harm.  I got the "Joining my father in the Black Fleet" from a Klingon song.  I also was a Trek fan from the 1960's show.  Kor, Kaine and Koloth were good characters but I just wasn't convinced by their 1960's physical look & attaire.  As for Kurn is just a personal choice that I can't try to convince anyone else to like him.  But I look forward to my transition here in the forum.  Thank you again for accepting me and I look forward to contribute to the forum.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 04 18, 2010, 05:16: AM »

quoth Kabek... Kesvirit, I meant no harm.  I got the "Joining my father in the Black Fleet" from a Klingon song.  I also was a Trek fan from the 1960's show.  Kor, Kaine and Koloth were good characters but I just wasn't convinced by their 1960's physical look & attaire.

I am glad to hear that the one is not terminally unwell. As for the song, would you care to post the lyrics and music or a link to either in our Klingon Music and Lyrics section?

By Kaine, I take it you mean Kang? Yes, the early costuming and make-up execution for early Klingons was terrible, but the fact that Colicos and Ansara acquited themselves honorably by rising above the level of both the costuming and the writing made me enjoy them all the more.

(As opposed to Koloth, that weak, watered down, runny little sore, who looked all more the fool for the first officer who for some inexplicable reason let him live.... More on that later: I have a rant in progress. Lucky you. }}: P )

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #4 on: 04 18, 2010, 09:47: PM »

Kabek -- I moved the song you posted to the Klingon Music and Lyrics section. (There is no need to repost it here.)

-=- Kesvirit

Kabek
Novice

« Reply #5 on: 04 19, 2010, 11:35: AM »

Ok. thank you.  I thought there may be a problem with my computer. 

I didn't have the time to properly introduce myself.  My english is not that great.  I was born in East Germany but I lived in Havana, Cuba most of my life.  I was able to get Star Trek because my father was a high ranking military advisor.  Part of his job was spying on the U.S.  Anyways I grew up to become a W.W.II Historian and Sociologist.  As a teacher of Sociology I find the Klingons fascinating.  However, there seems to be gaps in thier social structure that Star Trek doesn't explain.  Just details that I am not clear on that I hope this forum will help me.  To me a Klingon is power, stregnth and honor.  If I could be a Klingon I would choose one of the tallest, with black skin.
As my english gets better I hope to contribute deeper thoughts on many is not all subjects. But needless to say, coming from an oppresive life I find the Klingon way the ultimate freedom.
« Last Edit: 04 19, 2010, 12:01: PM by Kabek » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: