Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 13, 2017, 01:37: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Move to Simple Machines Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Move to Simple Machines Forum  (Read 11211 times)
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« on: 08 29, 2005, 07:10: PM »

}}:-[ After our upstream provider upgraded their database software, the old iboard forums crumpled like a Qa'Hom rat underboot and we were unable to return them to operational status.  We have forcibly acquired new forum software and coerced the technicians to install it and convert over our old data.   Unfortunately they escaped and there may be issues that remain.   We hope that you will not request these be resolved in the Circle of Honor, and you will kick back and enjoy some bloodwine while we perform the remaining customizations and hunt down any remaining bugs.

[Edit -- Questions and problems should be posted to Forum Feedback, not to this thread. -=- Kesvirit]

On the positive side this board is much more customizable and offers a few new features, including help systems to get you back to arguing...   I mean discussing....  as soon as possible.  Cheesy Klingon Grin

« Last Edit: 08 29, 2005, 07:57: PM by Kesvirit » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 08 30, 2005, 01:35: PM »

Welcome back everyone. It is good to have these forums up and running again.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #2 on: 09 11, 2005, 07:26: PM »

Yes It Is... And No I Do Not Forsee a Need For Honorable Combat at this Time... (Not With Regard to Any of the Board Admin/Moderators at any Rate...<Smirk>...)...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #3 on: 09 13, 2005, 04:59: AM »

Last night's maintainence appears to have repaired all the links inside posts to other fourms, topics and posts.   Any remaining dead links may be reported to me, or the other Administrators.   We also installed a mod which will allow us finer control over avatar permissions.

This biggest remaining issue that we are aware of is that the mass mailer feature is not working properly.  We are testing this out with test mails which seem to be working.  We believe it to be an issue with spam guards on the mail server, which we do not directly control.  We may have to work this out with our upstream provider.   I still consider the boards to be in Beta until we have this issue resolved and can invite all our previous visitors back to the forums.
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #4 on: 09 14, 2005, 03:14: PM »

Well, although Stated elsewhere, I Would reiterate that I Appreciate all of the Hardwork and Extra Effort Going into this Forum... I Like it Here and am Glad that this Service is Available...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: