Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:31: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  Klingon News
| | |-+  Klingon Events & Activities
| | | |-+  Coming to Chicago: "Klingon Christmas Carol"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coming to Chicago: "Klingon Christmas Carol"  (Read 3694 times)
QDroS
Novice

« on: 03 18, 2010, 03:34: PM »

Just wanted to post something that might capture the imagination.  Kickstarter.com has declared "Bring 'A Klingon Christmas Carol' to Chicago" its project of the day!

Check out the video!  I edited it, and I'm quite proud of the production (both on stage, and of the video).

http://kck.st/beR42Q

For more info about the last three years of the show, go to www.cbtheatre.org

pitlh
QoghtlhIH'u'
Old Guard
Lettered Veteran

qaStaH nuq? toqDuj vImojchoH?

« Reply #1 on: 03 19, 2010, 09:13: AM »

Great stuff!

I watched some of it on YouTube and it looks and sounds pretty cool.

Is the Klingon text of the play available?
ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #2 on: 03 19, 2010, 03:29: PM »

Just wanted to post something that might capture the imagination.  Kickstarter.com has declared "Bring 'A Klingon Christmas Carol' to Chicago" its project of the day!

Check out the video!  I edited it, and I'm quite proud of the production (both on stage, and of the video).

http://kck.st/beR42Q

For more info about the last three years of the show, go to www.cbtheatre.org

pitlh

I saw the Minneapolis production this past Thanksgiving (dragged my poor wife up from St. Louis to see it).  It was wonderful, a total blast and very cleverly done, with lots of in-jokes (for example, the Ghost of Kahless Past is a TOS era Klingon), although my wife, definitely NOT a Trekker, enjoyed it just as much as I did.

I definitely approve of the effort to take the show to Chicago, whether I make it up there this year or not. I've pledged my support, and I urge you all to make a pledge, too.  I do have an ulterior motive: I'm hoping that if the producers see that the show has "legs", they might open it up to other production companies.  I've been active in my local theater community for years and have quite a few contacts, and I'd love to try to mount a production, authorized, of course!

Quote from: QoghtlhIH'u'
Is the Klingon text of the play available?

Do you mean "Are the producers willing to surrender their intellectual property rights yet?"   Wink
QDroS
Novice

« Reply #3 on: 03 22, 2010, 03:35: PM »

ter'eS is right... the script is not available publicly.  We are working on arranging to have it published eventually.  More on that in the years to come.  For now, we are going to do the productions in MN & IL, and then we'll try to tour it the following year.

ter'eS posted a wonderful review of the show via the KLI's listserv, both in tlhIngan Hol and English.  We preserved it on our website, if you would like to read it.  http://www.cbtheatre.org/Press/tlh-KLI-review.pdf

It was an honor to have you there, ter'eS!  And thank you for allowing us to continue to use a small part of your song qu'wI'.  I think it adds a lot to the show.

Qapla' batlh je,
Q'DroS vestai-Kiln
chalvatlh
Klingon formerly Known as Fraek
Discoursing Diplomat

In order to succeed, you must enjoy eating poison!

« Reply #4 on: 06 04, 2010, 03:21: PM »

I'm afraid things aren't looking good, with less than a week to go and 8 000 dollars left to raise.  However, let's not go down without a fight:  If you'd love to see this happen, consider pledging a dollar or two!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/commbeau/bring-a-klingon-christmas-carol-to-chicago
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: