Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 02:38: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum Feedback
| | |-+  OK, much better...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK, much better...  (Read 5964 times)
ngabwI
Senior Courier

« on: 01 31, 2004, 03:40: PM »

OK, I was having maddening difficulty trying to sign in whenever I was popping in to check for translation requests, or anything else that might be interesting. It often took three and four tries, plus a rain dance and {'uSgheb}* sacrifice just to be sure, to get access to my control panel. Then when I would navigate away from these boards, I would be signed off, and I would have to go look for more {'uSghebmey}.

Now, the session does not term until I logout explicitly. I, for one, LOVE this feature, and since many of the posts in this section of the forums appear to be complaints, I have decided to establish this topic. We need to show the Ambassador, Kesv, and Klythe that they are part of a Good Thing here, and all their time, effort, money, and resources are recognized and appreciated.

Many of us who have found an improvement useful have not told anyone about it. This is the place to do so.

So if you see something you like, if an improvement made your life easier on this board, if you got the information you needed/wanted quickly, if you walked away happy, tell the Forums team about it here. They'd love to hear about it.

HovpoH 701110.0

* a large Klingon bird. Noisy, resembling a rooster. Name means "Leghorn"

jatlh Huch, 'ach bom yuch!
"Money talks, but chocolate sings!"
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 02 02, 2004, 05:42: AM »

OK, I was having maddening difficulty trying to sign in whenever I was popping in to check for translation requests, or anything else that might be interesting.
So were several others. One member could log in but couldn't do anything once they were in, such as post or access their personal CP (Control Panel). I couldn't determine whether the source of the problem lay with the individual user, the user's machine, the Forums' control settings, the Forums' software, the Forums' server... Where computers are involved, there are oh so many ways for things to go wrong...

It often took three and four tries, plus a rain dance and {'uSgheb}* sacrifice just to be sure, to get access to my control panel. Then when I would navigate away from these boards, I would be signed off, and I would have to go look for more {'uSghebmey}.
So YOU are the one who has been stealing {'uSghebmey} from the {Ha'DIbaH mach qach}!#  And to think I had the junior staff scouting the surrounding area for chicken hawks...

We all have Ax Slinger to thank for solving these problems. He and I were communicating off-board about his offer to customize our buttons when he said, "By the way, I notice y'all got some cookie problems, here's how ya fix 'em."  And with one swing of his mighty {QoQ jan}##, all of our access problems dispersed into the void. Zan Ax, we salute you!

Now, the session does not term until I logout explicitly. I, for one, LOVE this feature,
I for one would like to have it back for security purposes, but I think it may be an either/or proposition. Of the two, I prefer sloppy disconnects to people not being able to log on.

and since many of the posts in this section of the forums appear to be complaints, I have decided to establish this topic. We need to show the Ambassador, Kesv, and Klythe that they are part of a Good Thing here, and all their time, effort, money, and resources are recognized and appreciated.
Kai kassai Lady K'Zin! She has most generously provided us with a place for far-flung Klinfolk to meet online, and keeps it going by [content removed by Imperial Security] and threatening to feed its guts to the Embassy's Horta sous chef.  I am sure that our alien acquaintances appreciate it as well, for it gives them periodic respite...

I, too, appreciate Klythe's contributions to the Forums. He has been with us since the very begining as a beta tester.  He has provided much in the way of meaty material to gnaw on and a posting persona that most can only aspire to.  

As for me, I would like to thank everyone who has posted to the Forums, especially those who found their way back after The Crash. Among other things it cost us all of our contact information so that we could not inform board members what was happening.  The best thing you can do to show your appreciation is to come back when you can to keep posting! Ask questions! And bring potential Klinfolk with you! (<--- gratuitous plug }}; )  The Forums are a community effort, just as the strength of an Empire lies in its people.

-=- Kesvirit

* a large Klingon bird. Noisy, resembling a rooster. Name means "Leghorn"
# small-animal building
## musical instument
« Last Edit: 02 04, 2004, 03:43: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
kmtal
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 02 03, 2004, 11:40: PM »

woah guys. are u keepin it clean?

K'mtal
Back at last.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 02 04, 2004, 02:44: AM »

Immaculate. Just engaging in, I say I say we're just engaging in, a bit of pun warfare.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 02 04, 2004, 02:45: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: