Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 06:53: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Newbie Japorito
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie Japorito  (Read 1958 times)
japorito
Newcomer

« on: 01 03, 2010, 03:14: AM »

Hey! I'm new to Klingon (as a language, at least  cool); I'm just starting to learn, but I'm enjoying it.  I would greatly appreciate any advice from more experienced people here.  I recently bought TKD on EBay, so I will start more serious study soon.

As far as Star Trek goes, I very much enjoy watching it, but don't consider myself a Trekkie (at least not a hardcore, dressed-up-in-rubber one, but I guess a qualify as a mild one).  At any rate, Klingon as a language has piqued my interest.  I look forward to meeting all of you folks, and I love seeing all the interesting things going on in Klingon (I saw part of Hamlet performed in Klingon on YouTube; how awesome is that?! And I just read another introduction thread of a Lutheran minister interested in roleplaying Klingon. Neat? Definitely.)  I love the challenge!

Cheesy
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 01 04, 2010, 09:26: PM »

Welcome to the fray. I am a long term novice in tlhIngan Hol, but a student of Klingon culture.

I never thought of it as "dressing up in rubber" but I guess the prosthetic forehead is in fact made of latex. Unlike other forms of dressing up, including Borg and original Romulan Fusion, the clothing isn't usually rubber.

Take a look around, revitalize some old threads, start some new ones and above all, HAVE FUN!

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
japorito
Newcomer

« Reply #2 on: 01 04, 2010, 10:34: PM »

Thanks! In other news, my Klingon Dictionary came in the mail today!  Smiley
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #3 on: 01 12, 2010, 08:54: AM »

Congratulations and Welcome to the Klingon Imperial Forums.

I'm the Technical Administrator here, which I was told does not mean I'm only Technically an Administrator and I don't have to put in the same amount of work as Kesvirit, Only that my specialty is seeing to the health of the technological aspects of the forums, such as the forum software.  If you have any questions abiut the forums, technical, policy or anything, feel free to IM me and I'll see what i can do to answer your questions.

For the record, I've known fans who are seriously hardcore who've never donned a Klingon costume, and Costumers who were barely fans at all but thought that Klingon would be an interesting challenging project and others that were costuming as Klingons, but never really getting the Klingon spirit.

The Klingon dictionary is definately a key step to start learning the klingon language.  In my opinion the next most important thing is a learning partner.  Languages are difficult for adults to learn unless they use them regualarly.  A study partner will help drive you to need to practive and use the language regularly to cement it in your brain.  Though posting regularly to the Klingon-only language section of this baord can help that too!  Cheesy Klingon Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: