Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 02:35: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Ello all
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ello all  (Read 1984 times)
Rametlh
Newcomer

« on: 11 17, 2009, 06:24: PM »

HI to some once again, and ello from afar to others.Been a LOOONG time since i seen this place, thought it shut down yrs ago.I first started comming here whenI first started seching AOL on my first computer with AOL was it dont think windows was out yet, getting old and sincile so may have timeline wrong but it seams like ages ago, when all was in all was hanging out in ST lounges of AOL chat rooms and running ships from there.
 I shoulda have know Klingons dont die easy and this place has grown and servived, all changes,Ihave hard time getting around now day and more time for looking round then ever before.
 BY the way am Disabled and don't get out much so have a tendency to ramble on sorry bout that, anyways i hope to meet alot of ppl here ol and new, and don't be offended if i dont recall u, if u rember me, cause my mind aint what it use to be I tell all use to carry my batleith on my my bac now i hide it in my chair so look out hehee...
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 11 22, 2009, 04:04: AM »

I wouldn't know for sure, I came on these forums when they first appeared on the web.  Kesvirit and I were among the first to Beta Test the first version of this forums software.  It has been a long time, but I don't think we predate Windows which has a longer History than most people realize (owing to the fact that almost no one used it before Windows 3.0).

Yes, we have survived things that would have killed other boards.  But we _are_ Klingon.   And so are you.  As you say, much has changed.   We hope it makes sense to Klingons young and old as well as people of any species who wish to discuss Klingons and the things that matter to us.   If you have any confusion about things such as the forum software, or where to post what you have to say, feel free to leave myself or Kesvirit an IM and we'll be happy to help you.  If we can make this site easier to use, let us know also.  I'm sure there are more comfortable ways of carrying a batletlh.   Perhaps a batletlh hanger would be worth looking in to?

Welcome to the Klingon Imperial Forums.   We are glad to have you back with us.

Klythe zantai-vra'al
Technical Administrator

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 11 23, 2009, 07:27: AM »

We did have an unfortunate down period known as The Crash of August 2003, in which klingon.org's upstream provider up and disappeared, along with all of Lady K'Zin's accounts (among other things, she has a web design and hosting business.) So it was quite the disaster all the way around. Most of our posters never found their way back once we were back online, and the only threads left were those we could dig out of Google's cache system.

Rametlh, when you fist registered with the Forums pre-Crash, did you do so under another name? If you did, and if yours were amongst the posts we managed to save, we *may* be able to in effect combine your accounts to display all your posts under the same user name and consolidate your post count under that same name. Let Klythe or I know if you remember.

Regardless, it is good to have you back again.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: