Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:46: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Science Lab
| | |-+  Klingon Technology and Engineering
| | | |-+  Bird of Prey Schematics Required
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bird of Prey Schematics Required  (Read 19129 times)
ghel'rIq
Novice

To be? Or not to be?

« on: 09 16, 2009, 07:00: PM »

Can anyone point me in the direction of a complete and comprihensive technical manual to the Klingon Bird of Prey (B'rel Clas). I am after a full detailed schematic of the ship especially its bridge and full diagrams/pictures and info on all the computer terminals. Much akin to what is available for the Enterprise (Its published technical Manual)

May Glory and Honor follow you on your journey!
QoghtlhIH'u'
Old Guard
Lettered Veteran

qaStaH nuq? toqDuj vImojchoH?

« Reply #1 on: 09 21, 2009, 03:29: PM »

Maybe these pages are helpful:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/klingon_ships.htm

maybe not....
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 09 29, 2009, 10:36: AM »

I do not believe that such a manual exists; a search undertaken several years ago failed to turn one up. I can, however, list relevant links from my own reference library. As of this writing, all links are active.

There is a discussion with details to images added in as the discussion progresses in this trekbbs.com thread. The final composite blueprint is of a B’Rel, with both humpback whales and a targh included for scale. What it does not include are those mundane details that make or break such a project, such as food storage systems, the armories, where the crew sleeps, where the water reclimation tanks are located, and where the heads are. I don’t care how much of a superwarrior you are, you cannot get through a weeks-long mission without clean water, nor can you “hold it” until you get back to base.

The Star Trek LCARS Blueprint Database features multiple external diagrams; scroll about halfway down to get to the Klingon ships, and down to near the bottom of the page for bridge schematics.

In addition to QoghtlhIH'u's link to images and detailed descriptions of different Klingon ships, Ex Astris Scientia features several BoP bridge illustrations.

There is a sloppy (bridge? engineering?) computer display panel posted here, followed by translations and commentary.

There is also a poster of a partial cutaway of a BoP with parts labeled in thlIngan Hol available through SciPubTech. The resolution is so poor that I can’t tell what I’m looking at. It may or may not serve your purposes.

I have a copy of the FASA Klingon Ship Recognition Manual (see attachment at the bottom of the post), which I should eventually be able to retrieve from storage, scan scan in, upload to my image hosting service, and link to full size if anyone is interested. Note the use of the subjunctive. The Consulate is in the midst of a major communications “upgrade” that seems to be causing more problems than it is solving. Why this always happens when I’m facing a deadline I’ll never know. In grand Klingon style I’d suspect sabotage, but can’t come up with likely suspects.  I also have a long-held obligation at an upcoming con, so it may well be a few weeks before I can make the closer-to-full-cover size image happen. Click on the attachment to see it in a slightly larger size.

* Klingon_Ship_Recognition_Manual.jpg (22.51 KB, 292x374 - viewed 428 times.)

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #3 on: 07 08, 2010, 09:41: AM »

If you are still looking you will find these useful I think.. the detail on them is quite good and they do include things like water storage and location of the heads...

http://www.starbase79.com/BirdOfPrey2003.htm

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: