Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:35: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  Klingon News
| | |-+  Klingon Events & Activities
| | | |-+  Creation Convention 2009
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creation Convention 2009  (Read 3860 times)
Korvas
Novice

« on: 08 04, 2009, 03:58: AM »

So is anyone here going to the Creation Convention in Vegas this year?  I will be there with my mate, Mara.  It starts on Thursday 6th and goes through Sunday the 9th.

la' KorvaS vestai-Trekkan
CO of the IKV nom Hegh
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 09 29, 2009, 11:04: AM »

I’ve never been a big fan of Creation’s way of doing business, and can go into greater detail once I get back from Silicon2009 this weekend (Oct. 2, 3, and 4). If anyone within range of this message plans on being there, send me an email or a PM -- KIF posters come and go from all over the world, and the chance to meet one is not to be missed! I will be on a recon exercise and will not be attending in formal Diplo attire, instead doing my best to blend in with the locals. If you are planning to attend and would like to meet, contact me ahead of time so that I will know how to find you and vice versa.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Korvas
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 10 11, 2009, 10:22: PM »

I missed this convention.  The IKV nom Hegh has been extremely busy the past couple of months.  I hope to meet up with folks at another event.

la' KorvaS vestai-Trekkan
CO of the IKV nom Hegh
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 10 27, 2009, 07:57: PM »

Having done my time at Creation in New York City, I too have grown to dislike the general format. Although from what I hear about the Las Vegas convention, there is much happening on the periphery that fixes the main problem with creation. I have never been, but I know many who never miss it. I have been thinking of going one of these years. There is little to no convention activity in my area anymore, so I will have to travel to get back into this part of fandom. I figure I might as well go to one in a city that I can have fun in if the convention end s up a bust.

The standard format for NYC and any others I attended (all in the Northeast) was a dealers room and a video/theater room. All guest stars appeared in the theater, and when they were not on stage, there was a seemingly endless stream of tacky music videos. Occasionally this would be broken by a trivia contest that could be won by a three year old who had slept through a single episode. They would do a costume contest near the end, but this could be won with a prepackaged red shirt and a playmates phaser.

The dealers rooms used to be kind of fun, then Creation decided to get greedy. Once they started their own tables, they started making themselves the exclusive dealers in a number of areas. Most notably were the 8x10 glossies. Then they started to forbid anything that was unlicensed by Paraborg, even fan productions. That effectively shut down several dealers that were the mainstays of the area. The last one of their cons I was at, there were maybe 15 tables down from 40-50, and at least 10 of them were Creation owned and operated.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
D'Ghor epetai-Darj
Courier

Line Lord of House Darj

« Reply #4 on: 01 07, 2010, 04:03: PM »

Although I missed the 2007 and 2009 events for Creation in LAs Vegas, I have always enjoyed them. Now I have never been to any other Creation event so I cannot say how this one compairs. I plan to attend the 2010 event...hopefully the funds will be there for us to go to.

Sogh D'Ghor vestai-Darj
CO IKV SuvwI'po' (Skilled Warriors)
KAG Stormrider Fleet Quartermaster
Ship's Website
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: