Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
10 25, 2014, 07:38: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11641 Posts in 1600 Topics by 664 Members
Latest Member: johnclo
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Does anyone know how to fight klingon style?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know how to fight klingon style?  (Read 2536 times)
torqey
Klingon Conversationalist

An honorless klingon is like a profitless ferengi!

« on: 05 05, 2009, 08:49: PM »

Is there a way to learn klingon martial arts or learn to fight "properly" using a bat'leth?

3 Jem'Hadar battle cruisers? No problem. A tribble on the bridge? Call for backup and send your strongest warriors.
Qunchuy
Lettered Veteran

« Reply #1 on: 05 05, 2009, 11:36: PM »

The book Secret Fighting Arts of the Warrior Race is just what you're looking for. It's a real shame Viacom forced the publisher to halt sales and destroy all the unsold copies. That makes the few that were sold before the bonfire quite rare and expensive.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #2 on: 05 06, 2009, 02:47: AM »

The author of the book acknowledges that as cool as the weapon looks, the batlh'etlh is not really a practical weapon.  There are some good martial arts techniques, if you an find a copy of the book at a price you are able to afford, so there may be a way to learn Klingon Martial arts... 

I even know of a group that practiced and would publically perform a Batleth routine.   But from what I have read and on the subject, the proper way to fight with a batleth is to throw it to the ground as soon as a more sensible weapon such as a meqleth or a gintaq is within reach.
torqey

« Reply #3 on: 05 06, 2009, 07:25: PM »

That's EXPENSIVE. Wth did Viacom halt the sales of this book?!
« Last Edit: 05 08, 2009, 01:40: AM by torqey » Logged

3 Jem'Hadar battle cruisers? No problem. A tribble on the bridge? Call for backup and send your strongest warriors.
Qunchuy
Lettered Veteran

« Reply #4 on: 05 07, 2009, 06:10: AM »

It's the pictures that did it. The book contains wonderful illustrations of the techniques being described. Unfortunately, Pacific Warriors, Inc. was not licensed to sell images of Klingons(tm), and Paramount/Viacom certainly wasn't going to offer a license to a company telling people to swing around a sharp, heavy object.
torqey

« Reply #5 on: 05 07, 2009, 10:47: AM »

It would be pretty expensive right now, I might be able to buy it later...but do you think they are disappearing fast and that I should get one sooner than later?

Kaz Son of Maktan

« Reply #6 on: 05 30, 2009, 06:25: PM »

Somewhere, possibly in these forums, it was mentioned that some martial artists in Korea (Tae Kwon Do or Tang Su Do?) were working on some bat'leth forms. (When I find the source info, I'll edit this post.)

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: