Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
07 30, 2014, 10:19: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11569 Posts in 1583 Topics by 644 Members
Latest Member: ihavegills
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Klingons on Television
| | | |-+  I want a tlhIngan only show!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I want a tlhIngan only show!!  (Read 2549 times)
torqey
Klingon Conversationalist

An honorless klingon is like a profitless ferengi!

« on: 04 13, 2009, 10:34: PM »

That would be AWESOME if there was a show only about Klingons. They could show Star Trek from a whole different perspective. People would think of the Klingon's enemies as the bad guys and the Klingons as the good guys because they would see the Klingons views. Maybe they could even have some shows where they only spoke in tlhIngan Hol! It would just be awesome. Who agrees?  Smiley   

3 Jem'Hadar battle cruisers? No problem. A tribble on the bridge? Call for backup and send your strongest warriors.
QoghtlhIH'u'
Old Guard
Lettered Veteran

qaStaH nuq? toqDuj vImojchoH?

« Reply #1 on: 04 14, 2009, 03:27: AM »

A Klingon TV Show or a movie would be great. But first we need a story, in Klingon of course, and actors who can be coached by the likes of Marc Okrand. Maybe if someone can write a story that is adaptable or ready for the Big Screen and some producers (probably Paraborg because they copyrighted the language, in fact they should be called FerengiMount Pictures  Smiley ) will boldly put their money into a project where movie-finances have never gone before: The Klingon Empire.....
As for the actors: it will be easy to find people willing to eat living bloodworms, fight sabre bears and wield bathlets.
And once the movie quv 'Iwghargh je honor and bloodworm, is a success there soon will be a tv show.
QoghtlhIH'u'
ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #2 on: 04 14, 2009, 09:22: AM »

Speaking from experience, it's easier to get actors to learn to speak Klingon than to get Klingon-speakers to become actors.  Smiley
torqey

« Reply #3 on: 04 14, 2009, 10:28: AM »

Speaking from experience, it's easier to get actors to learn to speak Klingon than to get Klingon-speakers to become actors.  Smiley
What experience do you have?

3 Jem'Hadar battle cruisers? No problem. A tribble on the bridge? Call for backup and send your strongest warriors.
ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #4 on: 04 14, 2009, 10:52: AM »

I produce songs and movies in Klingon (http://teresh.tdonnelly.org).  The latest song needed a chorus and some speaking roles.  For the most part, I had more success calling on my actor friends than on my Klingon ones (I hope none of them read this and take offense!).
Kaz Son of Maktan

« Reply #5 on: 05 20, 2009, 07:41: PM »

As an actor, and a Shakespearean actor at that, it took me a good while to learn a monologue, or rather Hamlet's To Be or Not To Be soliloquy in tlhingan Hol. I learned half of it in an embarrassingly long time, but when push came to shove, I learned the other half in two weeks. I mention all this because I must say it takes at least twice as long to memorize something when it's in a foreign language, especially one like Klingon with few (accurately) spoken reference points available (in popular media), but the difficulty should never deter us, actors or not, from learning and absorbing more so as to better promote the Klingon language.
Also, here's da soliloquy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiRMGYQfXrs

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
torqey

« Reply #6 on: 05 21, 2009, 12:53: AM »

Of course, you shouldn't just memorize it, you should know what it means, so you can put feeling into it. The actors would have to memorize it in their language and then in tlhIngan Hol.

Kaz Son of Maktan

« Reply #7 on: 05 22, 2009, 04:11: AM »

But of course. I found transliterating the tlhingan Hol back to english helped immensely in drawing a bead on the thought process from word to word, or rather, phrase to phrase.

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: