Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:34: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Science Lab
| | |-+  Klingon Biology & Physiology
| | | |-+  Gorch?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gorch?  (Read 17270 times)
Steadysteamin
Newcomer

« on: 02 19, 2009, 06:14: AM »

I can only guess that Gorch is the Klingon equivalent of Teenage Acne. What say you all?
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 02 23, 2009, 06:45: AM »

Memory Alpha agrees with you: “A gorch is a large and unsightly skin inflammation to which Klingon teenagers are prone, similar to the Human skin condition acne.” Note that it lists it in the singular, suggesting that a gorch is a pimple, rather than the condition known as acne. (M.A. cites the film “Insurrection,” which I haven’t seen, so if you are looking for a definitive answer you will have to watch the film. )

However, as with all wikis, it is prone to distortion and outright error.  A pimple or three do not equal acne, and can be symptomatic of a number of ailments. Humans of all ages can get acne due to such simple things as normal hormone fluctuations and changes in diet. I think it is just more of an issue to teenagers than to any other demographic due to issues of self-image and peer pressure.

Then again, Worf is the very model of the eternal teenager, so that leads inadvertent credibility to the Memory Alpha entry.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: