Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 12:58: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Who has met a Star Trek celebrity?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Who has met a Star Trek celebrity?
a star - 7 (22.6%)
a lot of stars - 19 (61.3%)
the maker - 0 (0%)
none of the above - 5 (16.1%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who has met a Star Trek celebrity?  (Read 39379 times)
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #25 on: 05 30, 2006, 05:40: PM »

I have just come back from an event at which I was lucky enough to meet JG Hertzler (Martok) and Bob Reilly (Gowron).  As it was a fairly small event, I  got to spend quite alot of time with them and I have to say, that those two are complete and utter nutcases!    They ended up getting together and singing to me and they had some really good stories to tell.  I also got some really good photos.
It was a real pleasure to meet them.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Kaz Son of Maktan
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #26 on: 06 07, 2006, 09:06: PM »

Almost ten years ago I was acting in a stage play of an Asian American theatre company and our opening night guest of honor was George Takei.  Now, I was so jazzed to hear this I went and bought his autobiography to sign.  This was when I was just starting to learn about Asian American history, and in  his book I learned he was in the US interment camps during WWII as a child; Iwas profoundly shook. Come opening night, though, meeting him (myself playing the raunchy sidekick in a comedy) in his stately bass voice he said with a smile, "I didn't know this play would be so dirty." I forgot about asking about his experiences as a child, but in the spirit of the moment, we gave the vulcan salutation to the camera. It was wonderful to meet him.
Kaz

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
soup_borg
Senior Courier

Remember, always be yourself. Unless you suck.

« Reply #27 on: 07 07, 2006, 08:43: PM »

I meet John "Q" de Lancie in August of 1995, I think it was, at my very first ST convention in Bakersfield, California.  The closest I got to him noticing I even existed was when my friend flashed his camera one too many times and he actually turned to him and told him to stop. Embarrassed

Then in 1997, I meet Robert Justman, the guy that played "Boomer" in the original Battlestar Galatica, and the guy that played "Subcommander Tal" (Jack Dohner?) in the TOS "The Enterprise Incident."  But what I really enjoyed was a weapons demonstration by this 3Muskerteers-like "holodeck character."  He showed off a few fencing moves then challenged his short Klingon carrying a bat'leth to a match.  Oh, and how could I not mention, I also managed to cut myself while testing a d'k tagh for sharpness.  And it was! Cheesy

MCPO Saleel Ki'kaal P'V'B, son of Do'Iteq
Chief Of the Boat, USS Antares
Obsidian Fleet Task Force 21-C
Satoy'neS  [Sa- = I-you (plural) prefix; toy' = serve (a master); -neS = honorific]
dghor1966
Courier

« Reply #28 on: 07 17, 2006, 04:44: AM »

OK now my turn lol
Me I have met and got there autographs are
Nichelle Nichols at DragonCon very nice but for some reason she just was not all there lol but I love her you know lol
Walter Koenig-I worked at a con last year we had him as a guest really nice it was a small con
Robin Curtis-ST3 Met her at a con this year AWSOME guest we talked for a bit and took a pic with me
Arlene Martel-Spock wife from TOS-Another AWSOME guest she was here with Walter at the same con she really love the fans.
Robert PIcardo I didn't get his autograph but I did take a pic of him
Ethan Phillips the same didn't get his autograph but did take a pic of him I kicked myself in the butt for not getting there autographs LOL.
 A funny story a friend of mine told me about Marina Sirtis. Him and a friend went to a con where she was attending, they went to a trek dinner he sat at one table and she at another where marina was sitting now he told her that sometimes she can be a real dam lol so at the table they were talking so his friend just ask her "I heard you can be a real dam at times". When he heard this his back was to them he just about choked on his food lol so marina with a look of surprise thouth about it and said "Yes I can be a dam at times when I don't get my way" LOL next thing you know she was hanging out with marina for the rest of the night NOW I don't know how true this is but if it is lol if I had said that my butt would have been thrown out of the building LOL just too funny.

Qa'pla
 D'ghor

Pass the Bloodwine
Karn
Novice

« Reply #29 on: 09 07, 2006, 02:04: PM »

I've met George Takei-- great guy very talkative. And James Doohan-- he did about an hour on his career in Trek including a hilarious example of the possible engineers the Enterprise could have had. Then spent forever chatting with fans posing for pics signing anything and everything.
QorvaS
Scribe

« Reply #30 on: 11 09, 2006, 08:28: PM »

Greetings!

I have had the honour of meeting Mr. Roddenberry on three occasions, once in the presence of his lovely wife.

I have also had the honour of meeting:

George Takei
Walter Koenig
Leonard Nimoy
Nichelle Nichols
and last but certainly not least, Mr. Patrick Stewart, who I met informally while he was in Vancouver, working on a movie here.

I have not yet met many others, including Mr. Dorn or Mr. Avery Brooks - who portrayed my favourite Starfleet skipper  Cheesy

Regards

QorvaS
chalvatlh
Klingon formerly Known as Fraek
Discoursing Diplomat

In order to succeed, you must enjoy eating poison!

« Reply #31 on: 11 23, 2006, 04:27: PM »

I once met Per Christian Ellefsen!
*listens to the silence that follows*
You know...  ...the Norwegian actor who played Elling?
*concludes that silence has come to stay*
KAllen
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #32 on: 08 21, 2007, 08:23: PM »

Well...
Garret Wang(Kim), John Billingsly(Phlox), Dominck Keeting(Reed), Tim Russ(Tuvok), Natalija Nogulich(Necheyev), and Marina Sirtis(Troi). Got to meet them in Jackson Miss "Galaxy of Stars".  Tim Russ did a concert and all but Sirtis showed up(she had a prior engagement and had to leave early in the day).  Billingsly and Keeting were totally cool. They hung outside w/ us for like 45 mins, "shooting the bull".  I really can't watch Enterprise the same way now, how these 2 cards acted...totally funny.  Necheyev is totally NOT her character.  She loved us and requested us be in her "promo pix" for the convention.  She had US autograph her copy for her.

Robert O'Reilly(Gowron)  we met him in the airport...in uniform.

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
LDWalter12
Novice

« Reply #33 on: 04 02, 2008, 06:51: PM »

Interesting the things said about Michael Dorn.  I had a similar experience.  It was at the one, and only, con I attended in Dearborn Michigan around 1992.  Dorn was there with Marrina Sirtis.  When we got up to him in the signing line he began mercilessly hitting on my wife, even after she let it be known that she was with me.  Finally I had enough and said to him "Look pal, you only play a Klingon on TV.  Back off on my wife..."  and I am not a small man.  He sort of grumbled, and just started signing whatever was pushed in front of him, not even looking at fans.  Classy.

Marinna Sirtis was as nice as she could be.  Spending time with each fan, she came off as being a very friendly person, genuinely understanding of that without fans, her career is over.  I was impressed.

Dorn I would have been happy to square off with in the parking lot.

LDW
netlhQIn
Courier

« Reply #34 on: 04 04, 2008, 04:53: PM »

Walter Koenig, Denise Crosby, and next year I'll more than likely be meeting George Takei.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #35 on: 04 05, 2008, 07:52: AM »

Under what circumstances? What were they like? Most Klinfolk enjoy hearing stories almost as much as they enjoy telling them.  *chuckles* I will even forgo the tricorder requirement.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
netlhQIn
Courier

« Reply #36 on: 04 07, 2008, 08:37: PM »

Heh... well, both Walter and Denise were at a local sci-fi/fantasy convention.  Walter was feeling under the weather, but he still remained in good spirits.  I only met him at the photo signing table and wasn't able to attend his panel.  I met Denise after her panel last year and she was very enjoyable to talk with.  After knowing how "it all went down" with the death of Tasha Yar and whatnot, it's hard not to expect at least a little bit of bitterness, but Denise displayed none of it at all.  She recounted some great stories about the pranks they used to pull on each other when they weren't filming...

The next time you watch "Coming to America" during the wedding celebration scene, look closely for Yar and Wesley Crusher amongst the dancers; they may be in there. Shocked  Apparently they went sneaking onto that set during some Trek downtime.
Makbar
One Post Wonder

« Reply #37 on: 06 09, 2008, 06:55: PM »

I've met quite a few Trek celebrities, but I'm most excited because after missing several shows with them I'm finally going to get to meet Lursa and B'Etor (Barbara March and Gwynyth Walsh) at the July Vulkon coming up in Orlando.

I found the details here: http://vulkon.com/site/2008/06/09/duras-sisters-coming-to-vulkon/

Then in November I'm meeting Michael Dorn AND Terry Farrell at the Vulkon's Fall show (also) in Orlando.

Details here: http://vulkon.com/site/2008/05/24/guest-michael-dorn/ or http://vulkon.com/site/2008/05/20/guest-terry-farrell/
D'Ghor epetai-Darj
Courier

Line Lord of House Darj

« Reply #38 on: 08 14, 2008, 05:19: PM »

I have just come back from an event at which I was lucky enough to meet JG Hertzler (Martok) and Bob Reilly (Gowron).  As it was a fairly small event, I  got to spend quite alot of time with them and I have to say, that those two are complete and utter nutcases!    They ended up getting together and singing to me and they had some really good stories to tell.  I also got some really good photos.
It was a real pleasure to meet them.
Kehlan
Hey Kehlan, it is good to see you again...I too have had a great experience with JG Hertzler. Well let me share my story...I have so many so I'll start with those I met this last weekend:

J.G. Hertzler - showboat from Gre'thor!  Thumbs up! Stole the entire show and CON! As a Klingon Should! He saw me and my crew in the auction room and approached us and wanted to take a picture with us...and we gladly did! Then at the Blood Luncheon he sat at our table (he sat at every table there but only sang at ours!) and sang Klingon Opera and share many stories of glory and battle. He even took a "blind eye" when my wife snuck some pictures with him at our table. Unlike the pataQ Dorn! What a waste of skin...if JG hadn't been there for the luncheon this would have been a bust. My wife and I truly enjoyed our Chancellor's visit to our table.

Michael Dorn - A neutered Klingon…what else can I say? What am I saying; he isn't even a Klingon...that was 10 minutes of my life I would love to have back. My wife isn't into ST that much, she pretty much tolerates it all for me and she was the first at our table to say she didn't like him at all. Everyone else, except for the one woman he ended up hitting on, didn't like his visit to our table at all.

Suzie Plakson - (K'Ehleyr - Worf's mate) Although she didn't discuss anything Klingon, she was very interesting and full of fire. She was inspirational to listen too and to talk too. My wife and I both enjoyed her company.

Grace Lee Whitney - (Yeoman Jance Rand) What a character she is! She loved our uniforms, (Imperial Klingons), and had to stop us and talk with us. She couldn't say enough how much she loves the Imperial Klingons.

Chase Masterson - (Leeta from DS9, Xela Star trek Of Gods and Men - Orion Slave girl/Communications) She is so...okay my wife may be reading this later...attractive... Evil. She perked right up when we saw her. She said hi to us and started to chat. Very fan friendly.

Lenard Nemoy - Very friendly and took interest with the fans. In fact my wife and I ran into him on Sunday August 10 this last weekend. Him and Zach were surrounded by security folk. They both took notice to everyone that was around and seemed excited to be at the convention.

Zachary Quinto - Very friendly but was busy...it seems he is going to be a great hit to ST fans. He has attracted a very young crowd which is great for the overall fandom of ST...hopefully he does as well as the Young Mr. Spock in the upcoming movie.

Colm Meaney - (Miles O'Brien) I actually ran into him the the Mid-90's at Magic Mountain in California. He was there with his daughter, (he had her for the summer since she lived in Ireland with her mother). We met in one of the food shops and I approached him and complimented him on his work and his role in ST. I can tell he wasn't sure if I was going to tackle him and bug him for an autogragh, which I didn't, and when he realized I wasn't going to attack him he was very relieved. He was very friendly once he knew I wasn't going to bug him like a star struck fan...he opened right up to me and we had a great conversation and I met his lovely daughter as well.

I have met other stars as well but so far that is all I can think of from StarTrek.

Sogh D'Ghor vestai-Darj
CO IKV SuvwI'po' (Skilled Warriors)
KAG Stormrider Fleet Quartermaster
Ship's Website
K'Voth
Senior Courier

« Reply #39 on: 11 10, 2008, 05:21: PM »

Thats awesome, I am rather envious, i have seen some of the actors in the flesh but generally only from afar which gets to be a pain. I was at the milton keynes collector mania for a very short period of time for several reasons so didn't get a chance to join autograph queues which is a shame.

Captain K'Voth
IKS Praxis Ascendant
Federation/Klingon RRF
Hamstar
Newcomer

« Reply #40 on: 11 12, 2008, 06:06: AM »

I met Robin Curtis at a convention… I thought she was a vile woman, I disliked what she talked about in mixed company. Specifically when she went into this little rant about Tetris and pleasuring herself while I held a inquisitive 5 year old asking what it meant.

I met Patrick Stewart. Although he’s my favorite captain… I was more interested in his work with the Royal Shakespeare Company. His theater performance is nothing shy of brilliant!

Had we have met at a Star Trek convention, I would have asked him the barrage of Star Trek questions I’ve built up. But it seemed inappropriate. 
Steadysteamin
Newcomer

« Reply #41 on: 02 19, 2009, 05:20: AM »

Funny I found this place. I was looking for some info about a Klingon ailment called "Gorch" I think, could be "Gortch". In the movie "Insurrection" Data and Picard beamed aboard with Picard commenting if Wharf had been in a fight, Wharf reluctantly answered it was the Gorch. I just thought it might have been mentioned somewhere on the net.

I did meet a couple of the cast of Star Trek 4, the one with the whales. I happened to be stationed on the U.S.S. Ranger while they were filming and have an interesting tale to tell about it. When Chekov was collecting whatever from the reactor and was about to beam out he was captured by marines. Mr. Nimoy was directing in the main space of the ship (suppose to be the carrier U.S.S. Enterprise but was in fact the U.S.S. Ranger CV-61, should be in the credits.) and we were lucky enough to be just above the activity at a open hatch were they had removed a ladder that gave entry to the space. When Chekov would say, "Scotty, if you're going to do it, do it now." or "Scotty, if you are going to do it, now is a good time." (I don't remember which they used in the movie but there were several takes.) Anyway, I guess we were not as quiet as we could have been and a somewhat annoyed Mr. Nimoy stepped forward in his blue flowered Hawaiian shirt, and pointed at me and said, "You..shut the khest up, I don't mind you are sitting up there but you will have to be quiet." I was so amazed... turned to the man next to me and said, "Wow, Spock said, 'khest'." I was totally out of touch with reality but then pulled back and we all promised to be quiet if we could stay. I had always wondered if the scenes in which Spock cursed was a direct result of my amazement about Mr. Nimoy correcting me during the filming of that episode. I like to think that I influenced that little part of the film.

I must say that of all the people that visited the ship to film. Mr. Nimoy, the other actors, stuntmen and film crew were the nicest group. They spent hours signing autographs and talking to us. (the worst by the way was Tom Cruise during the Top Gun filming, arrogant and stuck on himself.)

Thanks for reading, give me a shout if I haven't been clear on anything.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #42 on: 02 19, 2009, 11:42: PM »

I think to be clear I should point out that there are family friendly forum filters, so what Leonard Nimoy said was probably not actually the word 'khest', but the nearest equivalent to the klingonaase word.   Though it would be khest'n cool if Spock used klingonaase Colorful Metaphors.

For more information about these filters and other forum rules and regs, you may read the Rules and Regulations: The Forum Etiquette and Posting Guidelines

[Edit -- fixed link]
« Last Edit: 02 23, 2009, 05:14: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
Steadysteamin
Newcomer

« Reply #43 on: 02 20, 2009, 01:08: PM »

Sorry about the use of the filter, must be the sailor in me. I meant no disrespect. I am happy that the filters changed the offensive word to klingonese. LOL
Kragtowl
Novice

"Never Trust a Smiling Klingon"

« Reply #44 on: 02 04, 2010, 02:45: PM »

I have met many a celebrity over my 20 plus years in Klindom!  I will highlight a few of the more memorable ones and post the list.

My first celebrity was Denise Crosby(Tasha Yar) at a convention in Virgina Beach in 1989.

I met Angelic Pettyjohn who played Shahna from the TOS episode "The Gamesters of Triskelion" at a Starfleet Regional Conference which we invaded, LOL!

Delecon one in Kansas City, I presented Marina Sirtis with a "pantie" rose as part of my masquerade presentation and then the next day I was her Klingon escort which she made the point to open up the rose and embarrass me in front of the whole crowd and she stated she would wear them on the next episode which happened to be "Sins of the Father" but there is no true way to know if she did or not, LOL!

I had the great honor of participating in a masquerade at Continuum in Cape Giradeau, MO in which Mark Lenard was one of the judges along with Majel Barrett.

Threw a birthday party for JG Hertzler at a Slanted Fedora convention in Kansas City with Robert Orielly and Alice Krige present.

Denise Crosby(Tasha Yar) 1
James Doohan (Scotty): 3 times
George Takei (Sulu): 2
Walter Koenig (Checkov; Bestor): 1
Nichelle Nicholls (Uhura): 1
Michael Dorn (Worf): 1
Marina Sirtis (Troi): 2
Armin Shimerman (Quark):1
Colm Meaney (O'Brien):1
Jerry Ryan (7 of 9):1
Robin Curtis ( Saavik):2
John De Lancie (Q):1
Chase Mastersoon (Leeta):3
Mary Kay Adams(Grillka) 1
Tony Todd(Kurn) 1
Mark Lenard(Sarek) 1
Majel Barrett(Nurse Chapel, Roxanna Troi)2
Robert Orielly(Gowron) 3
JG Hertzler(Martok)4
Alice Krige(Borg Queen)
Dick Durok(Guard - TOS episode)
John M. Ford(Star Trek Author)
Angelic Pettyjohn(Shahna - The Gamesters of Triskelion)
Melinda Snodgrass(Former executive script writer for TNG)

Qapla' balth je' (Honor and Success)

Kragtowl, Da'Har Master
Epetai of House Trekkan
Black Hornet
Courier

« Reply #45 on: 10 28, 2010, 07:42: AM »

Walter Koenig
Grace Lee Whitney
& a Hippie from an old TOS episode with big front teeth.
Bilzer
Newcomer

« Reply #46 on: 06 07, 2012, 12:41: PM »

I met Uhura at a Star Trek convention in Portland Maine. I got her autograph after waiting in a not too long line. I also met Major Don West from the Lost in Space series in Nashua, NH. He gave me a signed picture of him with Robot and other casr members. He went on to get his Phd and teaches in Mass. I real cool guy who told me some tips about the show, such as there were two robots and one had a person in in and was towed by a cable to get into the spaceship.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: