Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 13, 2017, 01:34: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Hello at Last
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello at Last  (Read 14794 times)
Berzerker
Scribe

« on: 01 06, 2009, 02:44: AM »

I've lurked the forums for quite some time but finally got around to making an account. I have been a Trek fan for as long as I can remember. The race I often felt the most in common with was the Klingon race. Perhaps it is because I feel I am a warrior at heart and appreciate the Klingon virtues of Honor Loyalty Respect. I have made my own Batleth and plan on participating in the largest Batleth gathering in Vulcan Alberta in a few months. I also have 2 tattoo's that are Klingon in Nature and one that is Federation. Look forward to chatting with you all and forwarding my knowledge of the Klingon Culture here on Earth.

Berz out.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 01 06, 2009, 08:25: AM »

Lurking, eh? And what might be your motives for that? It is far easier (and safer!) to stand out and speak your peace, because hiding behind the curtains to observe is likely to get you spitted once you are spotted.

Klingon-themed tattoos seem to be increasing in popularity, if these boards are any indication. Would you consider piping in pictures of them from an image hosting service or sending them to me to attach to your post?

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Berzerker
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 01 07, 2009, 12:38: AM »

Sure I can send them to you.. Do you have an email address that I can send them to? I tried to click on your Avatar but it wouldn't allow me to send you a message.

My Lurking was directly related to my laziness. I didn't think the registration process would be so easy. I am here now though and look forward to being an active member.

Berz out.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 01 07, 2009, 08:14: AM »

Registering hasn’t always been as easy; a few months ago we had a spam attack so bad that we had to queue applications and sort through them manually before approving or banning.

Anyway. You should be able to email me by clicking on the small envelope below my avatar. My email address is: | kesvirit at klingon dot org |. Now lets see those tats!

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #4 on: 01 07, 2009, 08:21: PM »

As these are open forums, we should all be sensible enough not to bring our secrets.  As Vrenn said, "If you do not want a secret known, do not say it".   If there are no secrets to protect there is no reason to skewer and roast those warriors who are cloaked, posed to strike when they are up to the challenge.  Though lurking, letting good opportunities for attack pass cowering until the 'perfect' moment, is for Romulans.  Cheesy Klingon Grin   Besides Klingons are not spotted, Kesvirit might be confusing them with the Trill.

And so we welcome you to The Klingon Imperial Forums, not with butter, barbeque sauce, a 6 foot pole and an open fire, but with Warnagh and bloodwine.  Klingons love to disagree, discuss and share our victories.   I also look forward to seeing your victorious tatoos.  Cheesy Klingon Grin
Berzerker
Scribe

« Reply #5 on: 01 08, 2009, 05:03: AM »

I am constructing the email now, hope you all enjoy. One of the pics was from one of my Halloween nights and I was Darth Maul the night before. I need a Klingon forehead Sad

Berz out.

(Note from Kesvirit: and here they are.)

« Last Edit: 01 09, 2009, 07:55: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 01 10, 2009, 11:42: PM »

Welcome to the fray. Nice artwork by the way.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Berzerker
Scribe

« Reply #7 on: 01 11, 2009, 12:51: AM »

Thank you. I got the design for my chest piece from the Sword of Kahless.

I modified it a bit to suit my needs but the essence is still there. Cheesy

Berz out.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #8 on: 01 13, 2009, 07:42: AM »

You asked me in private communications what I thought of your tattoos; I replied that you would have to wait and read my opinions in public like everyone else. }}>: )

The komerex stela is beautiful. I love the marbling and the way the different shades of red flow among one another. The black boarder further serves to bring the complimentary variants together.

As for the chest and arm pieces.... To paraphrase Klythe’s mangling Krenn’s words above*, “If you do not want to risk an unwanted opinion, do not ask another what they think.” They come across as rather generic, echoing the ‘90’s trend woefully mislabeled as “tribal”. What was your intent in the design?  These look like they are aiming for a somewhat Maori style but aren’t quite making it due to lack intricacy and detail.  The thick, bold lines and sharp ends look like the sort of tattoos a tiger would get if tigers didn’t already have better stripes than any tattoo artist could ever reproduce.  The negative space, with its shallow curves and rounded ends, look like the bones of a powerful animal.

As to the chest piece, it immediately struck me as a pair of unfinished corvids in a Celtic style.  I realize this may come across as odd to others.  Looking at the two side by side I still don’t see the resemblance of the tattoo to the Sword, other than an abundance of pointy ends. I hope you will let me enjoy it on the basis of the raven symbology I see.

I am impressed with the way in which the design follows the contours of your chest beneath the clavicle and then swoops up to your shoulders. The artist did a good job in letting your individual anatomy guide the needle.

My failure to link the chest piece with the Sword of Kahless may also have something to do with the utter contempt in which I hold the betleH as a weapon.  Midway through his post on “The Klingon Way,” LDWalter12 writes: “...the Batleth (and I have used one) is about as inefficient of a weapon as I have ever seen, and the Sword of Kahless is as much of a hazard to the user as the enemy.  They look cool in shows, but are really horridly designed.”  Though I disagree with him in many matters, I can imagine some sort of synchronized eye roll between the two of us.  I have plenty more to say about it and will eventually get it to screen.

I must ask: why do you sully your left arm with the crest of our enemy? It seems foolish to advertise yourself as a sympathiser, and your comrades may not let those designs last for long. From the picture it looks like there is more of it to come because the heavy black lines overshadow the command insignia in red.

In picture of the chest piece you are looking downward to show a triangle shaped bi-layer. A suggestion: to give your appearance and persona a bit of panache and set you apart from the rest, right before you head out to your next con (or other event), find a barber who will cut your hair very short and shave the komerex stela into it.

So. Those are my twelve DarSekmey. Do you regret asking?

-=- Kesvirit

*"If you do not want a thing heard, do not say it."

Berzerker
Scribe

« Reply #9 on: 01 13, 2009, 08:26: AM »

If I regretted asking peoples opinions I would never have gotten the tattoo's in the first place Cheesy If there is one thing I have learned everyone has opinion  and would never hold someone's opinion against them.
The artist is indeed myself as I drew and designed all the tattoo's myself. I prefer the bold and sharp angles over the intricate woven design style of tribal art. I think the more bold look suits my personality more.
I am interested in the fact you can not see the resemblance to the Sword of Kahless though. If you take the handle off it follows the design rather close other than the variation in the center.
The command insignia is a cover up of a maple leaf that I got roughly 15 years ago. It will share the same marbling and color as my other shoulder.

Thanks again for posting the pics for me

Q'apla

Berz out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: