Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:32: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Uniforms & Tunics
| | | |-+  Value of a ST:TE Complete Klingon Uniform
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Value of a ST:TE Complete Klingon Uniform  (Read 13565 times)
LDWalter12
Novice

« on: 10 09, 2008, 04:41: PM »

Hey all,

I have the opportunity to buy a complete Uniform that was used at Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas.  It includes tunic, fur undershirt, pants, boots, collar, wrist braciers, gloves, sash, holster, disrupter, badges, the whole shot along with the headpiece with hair.

Problem is that neither of us have a accurate value on what all of this is worth.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic:

ter'eS
Discoursing Diplomat

« Reply #1 on: 10 09, 2008, 10:57: PM »

An older post on this site mentions that Star Trek The Experience auctioned off some surplus costumes a few years ago.  A shirt went for $50, a "uniform" went for $80.  Another post commented that a hand-made suit (made by a costumer for you) would run around $300.  I personally think that $300 would be reasonable for something like this.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 10 13, 2008, 07:10: AM »

Be sure to check into their refund policy before committing yourself. It won't do you any good at all if it does not fit you very well, especially if you are going to be giving combat demonstrations in it. It will have to be loose enough to move in and tight enough to keep its shape. Once completed, alterations on such an outfit are next to impossible.

Don't forget that the headpiece must also fit you well and *stay put* during maneuvers. If possible, see to what extent you can re-paint the headpiece to match your own skin color and complexion. Few things ruin a costume more quickly than having your face clash with the rest of your head.

If you can get a good fit, I'd say that $300 is a bargain for the complete package. Even without the headpiece. Let us know if you decide to buy, and how well the costume "works".

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
LDWalter12
Novice

« Reply #3 on: 11 04, 2008, 02:57: PM »

Update:  The uniforms are going for $2000.

LDW
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: