Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:23: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Line Registry
| | |-+  Post your family line history
| | | |-+  House Lu'nra
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: House Lu'nra  (Read 4089 times)
Ky'lath
Scribe

« on: 08 24, 2008, 09:33: PM »

OCC: I got this idea when Lord Vam'Pyr posted his house. Since there is a house like terran vampires, why not the mortal enemy of the vampires? Since there was none, I took it upon myself to create one.

BIC:

Their origins are shrouded in mystery, not even the members of house Lu’nra know much about their history. Or at least that is what they claim. However of the blood born members of this house it is said that under the light of a moon, any moon really, their strength and skill in battle increase a hundredfold. However with this increased strength comes an increased bloodlust, driving the warrior to a frenzied animal like state, however they are able to keep their ability to reason making them very deadly indeed.  Weather this is true or not they to tend to be a very tough group, and are affected very easily that other Klingons are. They are also the sworn blood enemies of house VamPyr.

We are proud hunters, the best that ever lived. Our skill in battle is beyond comparaision. Or passion is unrivialed, we are proud, free and strong. We are house Lu'nra. We are the children of the moon.
www.freewebs.com/lunra
« Last Edit: 08 24, 2008, 09:57: PM by Ky'lath » Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketsup.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 08 25, 2008, 03:04: PM »

Interesting work. I have seen one other time in Klindom where a house was specifically created to be the enemy of another house, in this case it was the Theld Azhir being challenged by Theld vanIyr back in my Karizan days. While there are few if any Azhir still active in Klindom, the vanIyr never really got off the ground as a house. My own theld qlIStIy still will stand next to theld vanIyr should the need arise, but making a house specifically to fight another house is in my opinion not good form, especially if the one is not already known to be a rival of those of the first house in question.

While fun in roll playing, this may not be the best way to start off introducing oneself to the wider Klingon community. Oh and by the way there is actually quite a bit of Klingon/Wolf crossover on these boards already.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Ky'lath
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 08 25, 2008, 09:31: PM »

Why is it when someone says lycan other people right away think wolf
A lycan can be ANYTHING that is based off a member of the mamillian order carnovira.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketsup.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #3 on: 08 26, 2008, 06:38: PM »

Could it be that the word Lycan is derived from the word Lycanthropy, a mythical disease that turns people into monsters that superficialy resemble wolves?   Language bank data indicates Lycan is derived from the Greek word lykos, which is their word for wolf.  It could be that words mean things, and the word you are using does in fact unambiguously properly mean "wolf"- An nondomesticated individual of the Canis Lupus species or a subspecies there of.

I think perhaps if you wish to include other carnivores, you may wish to us the word Therian or therianthope, which means beast or beast\man respectively.  Perhaps Carnianthrope would be the most accurate if you want to include Carnivora only?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: