Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 2014, 10:51: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11499 Posts in 1568 Topics by 620 Members
Latest Member: auror100
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Game Room
| | |-+  Klingon (table top) games etc.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon (table top) games etc.  (Read 3230 times)
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« on: 04 25, 2008, 11:34: AM »

I've been present at two very successful (at least for the charity we support) gatherings of Klingons at a local (German) con, which will actually have a US equivalent soon, with Martok and Gowron attending: FedCon.

During the last one (only one week ago) I started thinking about things to do around a bar/trading post/dining hall/mess table.

We all know Klin Zha and qeylIS mInDu', but does anybody have other typical Klin games that can be played by two or more Klingons?
People in Khemorex Klinzhai (my club) have adapted tera'ngan games like memory (used to learn tlhIngan Hol) and a general card-game, which could possibly also be used to play "Go Fish".

Do we know of any other of these games, from either on-screen canon, Okrandian canon or non-canon?

I found an article in the Qo'noS QonoS of january 2004 which at least mentions qeylIS mInDu'

qeylIS mInDu' = Eyes of Kahless = a game with dice
Klinzha = a strategy board game, sometimes called "Klingon Chess"
tera'ngan = earther
tlhIngan Hol = the Klingon Language (well, the currently popular one... there's Klingonaase)

[edited by me on 25 April 2008 at 18:46 CEST]

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 04 26, 2008, 03:23: AM »

If you are already integrating tera'ngan games, why not offer 3D chess? I am told that it is quite easy to learn for those familiar with the standard version. I listen to others’ assertions on this as I am terrible at both.

For the truly courageous, I refer you to the codified rules of Fizzbin. Though I have played a fair amount of poker, this is one game I have not bothered to learn. Life is too short.

A promo for this year’s Klingon Feast at Shore Leave boasts “Door Prizes, Klingon Games of Skill (Klinzhai Hold'em, Feqlar's Choice, Eyes of Kahless, others) and a raffle may win you one of several exotic weapons!”   Email  |  burad2 at comcast dot net  |  and demand he share the details of the games with you.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 04 26, 2008, 08:17: AM »

One board game that I have used is caller quarto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarto_(board_game) I do not know if it is available by you.

As for fizbin, I had never thought of it as a Klingon game but the closest I have found to fizbin is of course fluxx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluxx which has rules about as easy to follow.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Khartan
Novice

« Reply #3 on: 02 26, 2012, 02:25: AM »

House Vampyr has a whole page of such games:  http://www.housevampyr.com/main.php?title=Klingon%20Games&body=training/games/gamesklingonsplay.html

Oh, and I almost forgot, there is also the Klingon edition of Monopoly!  http://www.usaopolygames.com/klingon/

[Edit -- combined double post. -=- Kesvirit]
« Last Edit: 02 27, 2012, 11:05: PM by Kesvirit » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: