Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:43: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Social Studies
| | |-+  Klinzhai
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klinzhai  (Read 11127 times)
Kapact
Courier

« on: 04 01, 2003, 11:47: AM »

Warriors, I am looking for info or websites regarding the "old" Klingons... the Klinzhai. Customs, culture... differences between Klinzhai and Qo'noS....

Thanks

Kapact

Fleet Admiral Kapact
Commanding Officer IKV Razor Klaw
Chief of Staff Razor Klaw Fleet
betleH pIn'a'
Ro DoQ Vaj
Founder, Klingon Order of Scribes
« Last Edit: 05 16, 2008, 10:26: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

KBF-Kapact
             "...the reason they are afraid of the dark..."
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 04 03, 2003, 07:27: AM »

I went through my bookmarks and couldn't find anything on Klinzhai that wasn't written from a revisionist viewpoint. This is probably because Neotrek and the internet hit pop culture at about the same time, and that any untainted material is buried in zines from the '70s and '80s. Unless you can find a "geezer" with an archival stack I have no idea where you would get ahold of such things. Furthermore, fan sites tend to have a disturbingly short life-span. Many of the sites I had bookmarked are now serving honorably on computer cores in the Black Fleet...

McReynolds has two different postings worth reading. One is at http://www.khemorex-klinzhai.de/faqs/races.faq; a revised and somewhat illustrated version can be found at http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/9261/klin1a.html. The latter also incorporates some of the material from Pawns and Symbols, generally regarded as the #2 Klingon novel after TFR.

At one point, Sev Trek at the Sev Wide Web had a thread going on "The Klingon Forehead Dilemma" in which readers wrote in with their own favorite theories. Some of these involved all sorts of historical analysis and speculation. Others were hilarious. The theory involving the process of Kirkumcision is a particular favorite. The bookmark I had for it registered khex. I sent a message to the webstaff asking what had become of it, and was informed that it is offline and in storage due to a site reorganization. They plan to rebuild it and give each theory its own database and so that readers can rate each theory. I can't wait. >:-D

Anyone who would like to be notified when this goes online can subscribe to their mailing list. The webstaff assure me that they use it rarely and have promised not to spam. (And we know what happens to those who break their word to a Klingon....)

- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 06 20, 2008, 11:03: PM by Klythe » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 04 08, 2003, 01:00: PM »

You may also find something useful in parts 1 and 2 of An introduction to the Klingon Language. Though I would like to backhand the author for impugning the honor of bard Vonda McIntyre.

- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 05 16, 2008, 10:37: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kapact
Courier

« Reply #3 on: 04 09, 2003, 04:37: AM »

You may also find something useful in parts 1 and 2 of An introduction to the Klingon Language. Though I would like to backhand the author for impugning the honor of bard Vonda McIntyre.

- Kesvirit

Mucho thanko....

as long as we're butchering languages....

Kapacto....

Fleet Admiral Kapact
Commanding Officer IKV Razor Klaw
Chief of Staff Razor Klaw Fleet
betleH pIn'a'
Ro DoQ Vaj
« Last Edit: 05 16, 2008, 10:40: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

KBF-Kapact
             "...the reason they are afraid of the dark..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print