Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 11:32: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  Klingon Arts and Music
| | |-+  Klingon Music and Lyrics
| | | |-+  Calling All Composers, Lyricists, and Music Enthusiasts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling All Composers, Lyricists, and Music Enthusiasts  (Read 4219 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 03 14, 2003, 08:36: AM »

Welcome to the Music Forum!

This section of the Forums has been established so that musicians, lyricists, composers, and afficianados will have a place to post their works and talk shop. I for one an quite curious about the design of musical instruments and specifics of musical notation. What would Klingon sheet music look like? Perhaps no such thing exists, and musicians learn from rote (and possibly threats.)

If you post your pieces in tlhIngan Hol, please include an English translation somewhere in the post. It can be line-for-line or in "footnote" form at the bottom of the post -- use your imagination. (Do not debate translations here; do that in the Klingon Language Forum.)

At present, sound files cannot be posted directly on the Forum and must be linked to elsewhere.

Music can calm and arouse, focus and inspire. Help provide ambiance and inspiration for our members as they consider and discuss Imperial and other matters.
« Last Edit: 06 29, 2008, 07:31: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 04 10, 2012, 10:55: PM »

I have long thought of building on the filk tradition and trying to see what sort of music Klingons actually listen two. I have found two forms, which while largely incompatible with each other, both seem to me that they could work.

One is Heavy Metal, which is tricky because a) it has almost been done to death in Klindom, and b) there is much metal that brushes on themes familiar to Klingons but never quite hits the mark. The second is Celtic folk music, which I have found some of the music, images and general formatting of songs to be familiar. I have done some work with adapting lyrics to be more meaningful to a Klingon with the second, but have found more of the first which stirs the blood.

One aspect of music that I have worked a bit with, is finding music to use during Klingon ceremonies. I used several pieces as filler and to give me a speaking break during a Klingon memorial I performed a few years ago. I would love to attempt this at a more joyous event next.

I have also found that when getting into make up and uniform, having certain music playing in the background helps me get into character, so as soon as I look Klingon, I am able to feel Klingons.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: