Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:30: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Make-up & Headpieces
| | | |-+  Klingon hair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon hair  (Read 10975 times)
netlhQIn
Courier

« on: 04 16, 2008, 05:06: PM »

I guess this would best be placed here...

I'm considering putting all my klingon hair into braids.  I'd described this elsewhere as dreadlocks, but that's not really what I had in mind, rather braiding it all.  I've been told there is a precedent for a Klingon with a braid on-screen somewhere, though I haven't heard of one with all his/her hair in braids.

The reason I'd like input on this from everyone isn't so much to discuss whether or not it's "canon," but instead I'm wondering if with the bumpy head people think I'd be going all too close to a Predator look rather than Klingon.  I wouldn't have a weird predator mouth, and the rest of my costume would be decidedly Klingon-esque.  But what do people think?
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 04 16, 2008, 09:33: PM »

I know there was a Klingon with braids in Star Trek III, on the Genesis planet watching Spock and Saavik.  I'm not sure if there were others.   But hair braids are well within the tribal look and feel...  I haven't studied this but tribal people are often portrayed as using the hair to denote certain levels of status and positions within the tribe.  So this might be something to consider when styling your hair, as you would not want to make claims with your hair you would not make with your voice.
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #2 on: 04 22, 2008, 05:46: PM »

I guess this would best be placed here...

I'm considering putting all my klingon hair into braids.  I'd described this elsewhere as dreadlocks, but that's not really what I had in mind, rather braiding it all.  I've been told there is a precedent for a Klingon with a braid on-screen somewhere, though I haven't heard of one with all his/her hair in braids.

The reason I'd like input on this from everyone isn't so much to discuss whether or not it's "canon," but instead I'm wondering if with the bumpy head people think I'd be going all too close to a Predator look rather than Klingon.  I wouldn't have a weird predator mouth, and the rest of my costume would be decidedly Klingon-esque.  But what do people think?
Braids! What an idea!
I go with what Klythe said, but I do like it. And remember: Predator does not precede the braided Klingon... and also: What does the opinion of others (tribesmen exempt) have to do with how you wear your hair?

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: