Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 06:37: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Images in posts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Images in posts  (Read 9554 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 04 05, 2004, 06:52: AM »

Current Forum settings do not allow for HTML or image (.jpg, .gif, .jpeg, etc.) inserts in posts or sigs. The [IMG] option on the posting form is disabled. Instead, you need to use [URL] tags to link to an image stored elsewhere. The reasons behind this are the same as the restrictions on avatars and images in sigs: they take a lot of bandwidth and server space and therefore money, and they signifigantly slow loading time for those users on dial-up connections.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 07 04, 2007, 01:34: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 06 20, 2004, 04:32: AM »

The [IMG] option on the posting form remains disabled. However, those with access to the Admin. and Moderator control panels also have the option of uploading images as part of a post. I successfully did so in The Glommer thread and would like to offer the option to other posters as well. This is intended for images that are unavailable elswhere on the web and cannot be linked to via the IBF/BB code.

The drawbacks are many in that I will have to post any such uploaded images on the poster's behalf. (I will put "Posted on behalf of Your Name Here" and adjust post counts accordingly.) Anyone wanting an image uploaded needs to email it to me at: kesvirit at klingon dot org, along with any information you may have regarding its source. If possible keep your images to .jpg/.jpeg or .gif formats and to a max of 50K (preferrably less). Beware that I may have to alter them in size to make them fit the boards' format, that in doing so some clarity may be lost, and that same-day service is not guaranteed. If you really don't like what you see once it's up, let me know and I can delete the image.

If you want the image in the same post as the text that refers to it, I will need the entire written post sent along with the image. Otherwise the image may be a few posts down from the rest of the thread.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 07 04, 2007, 01:35: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: