Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
09 21, 2014, 03:08: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11606 Posts in 1592 Topics by 656 Members
Latest Member: Forgotten1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  This is an awesome site!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is an awesome site!  (Read 4095 times)
Canis
Courier

« on: 02 04, 2008, 09:56: AM »

Hi everyone, I am new here (that is of course why I am posting in this section) I am a huge Trek fan and Klingons are my favorite race. I am also a member of a Florida run LARP (Live Action Roll Playing) group. We host many different games from fantasy and horror to Sci-Fi and I am currently writing a scenario for a Trek universe game.

I hope some of you can help me out; I will need props and costumes as well as advice on how the TOS Klingons should act.

Anyway I am glad I found this site, I ran across it while surfing for Klingon weapon props.  Thumbs up!

Later 

I have encountered scarce few problems that could not be solved with an appropriate measure of disruptor fire!
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 02 04, 2008, 01:45: PM »

Ah!  Another Larper!   I play in a weekly Werewolf:The Apocalypse LARP.   And I run, a Star Trek roleplaying group in Second Life...  Thogh that's not exactly a larp, it's probably the closest thing short of it.   I know we have another forum member who plays in a Klingon themed paintball LARP.

Costumes and props can be a bit easier to build in Second Life and trivial to replicate.   I'm not sure how much help I can be with real life props and costumes as I'm struggling with making my own...  But feel free to ask in the appropriate forus and I'll try to be as helpful as I can.
Canis
Courier

« Reply #2 on: 02 05, 2008, 06:37: AM »

Hi Klythe

Thanks for the info.

Most of the LARPing we do includes boffer weapons and live action (but safe) fighting. The weapon props would be the physical representation of the weapon in the game. Packets are thrown to determine hits and misses. We looked at other types of attacks like Nerf and airsoft but the Nerf weapons suffer greatly from range problems during outside use and everything else requires too much safety equipment.

I see that you already found my post in the costumers guild section, I am going to read it now…

Later

« Last Edit: 02 15, 2008, 12:42: PM by canis » Logged

I have encountered scarce few problems that could not be solved with an appropriate measure of disruptor fire!
Canis
Courier

« Reply #3 on: 02 15, 2008, 12:59: PM »

I tend to use my intro thread as a journal for my enterprises (pun intended) in that subject, so I guess I will do the same here.

The Trek LARP I am planning will have three teams; Klingons, Federation, and a Privateer group (possibly Orions) each team will have common goals and competing goals. It will be up to the players as to how their team interacts with the others.

Costuming will largely be up to the players but I plan to have at least some props and costumes available for their use. And of course any NPCs (non player characters) will need costumes as well and those I will need to furnish. 

So far I have acquired…

4 Federation classic phasers
1 Federation classic tricorder
2 Federation communicators
1 Medical scanner
4 Classic Federation tunics (1) gold (3) red

1 TOS Laser weapon (From the episode “The Cage”)

1 Classic Klingon Agonizer

Obviously I have a long way to go…

But there is still time.

Later

Canis
Courier

« Reply #4 on: 02 17, 2008, 07:21: PM »

Well, I just won my first TOS disruptor kit on e-bay for $53. now I just need several more to suddenly be sold!

Later

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 02 17, 2008, 08:11: PM »

Congratulations.   You also might just want to contact the seller to see if they made it and where they got it, to see if you can get any more out of them. Cheesy
Canis
Courier

« Reply #6 on: 02 18, 2008, 06:45: AM »

Yea, I thought of that. But that information was already in the item's description; unfortunately the disruptor was made back in the 80's by a company in Japan. The company is out of business and the seller only has the one.

Later

Canis
Courier

« Reply #7 on: 02 18, 2008, 06:28: PM »

I sent an e-mail to newmoonprops.com to see if they would duplicate my disruptor for me using the one I got on e-bay as a master.

I hope that they can but I’ll have to wait to find out if they want to use another company’s prop for that project.

Later

Canis
Courier

« Reply #8 on: 02 20, 2008, 06:33: PM »

Exciting news!

New moon props has agreed to take a look at the disruptor I bought, they say they can probably duplicate it for me!

Later

Canis
Courier

« Reply #9 on: 03 01, 2008, 08:28: PM »

I just picked up one of the newer TOS phasers that seperate into the phaser 1 and 2, its very cool and very accurate to the screen used props from what I can tell.

Later

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #10 on: 03 01, 2008, 09:29: PM »

Oooh!  I really liked the look of those.  Well, I thought the Phaser 1 was a bit cheezy looking.  But the modular idea was cool, if more difficult to reconsile with physics.   Thanks for keeping us up to date.  I'd love to hear what New moon comes back with for the TOS disruptor.
Canis
Courier

« Reply #11 on: 03 02, 2008, 12:04: AM »

Oooh!  I really liked the look of those.  Well, I thought the Phaser 1 was a bit cheezy looking.  But the modular idea was cool, if more difficult to reconcile with physics. Thanks for keeping us up to date.  I'd love to hear what New moon comes back with for the TOS disruptor.

I try not to be too critical of trek physics (or lack there of in some cases) but at any rate the toy is cool; both the phaser 1 and 2 fire with light and sound.

I have not received the disruptor I purchased from e-bay yet, but it should be here soon (it is coming from Oregon). Once I have it I will forward it to newmoon and they assure me that they can duplicate it.

And I am happy to keep you informed of my progress.

Later   

Canis
Courier

« Reply #12 on: 03 10, 2008, 12:19: PM »

New update…

I now have:

7 Federation classic phasers
1 Federation classic tricorder
2 Federation communicators
1 Medical scanner
1 Medical healing spray container
4 Classic Federation tunics (1) gold (3) red

1 TOS Laser weapon (From the episode “The Cage”)
2 Retro looking laser pistols
1 Tricorder prop

1 Classic Klingon Agonizer
1 Klingon disruptor (Will be sent to be duplicated)
1 Klingon Tricorder

I still have a long way to go…

There is still time…

Later

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: