Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 02:35: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum Feedback
| | |-+  Webmasters Guild
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Webmasters Guild  (Read 6650 times)
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« on: 07 06, 2005, 04:09: AM »

I think it would be helpful to have a Pinned topic in the Web masters guild for all the diffrent sites.Instead of haveing them in new topics every site...
Also maybe make another one for feedback on the deffrent sites and how well they are put together...

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 07 08, 2005, 07:41: AM »

I think it would be helpful to have a Pinned topic in the Web masters guild for all the diffrent sites.Instead of haveing them in new topics every site...
An excellent idea. This would minimize the effort on behalf of the reader, making them more likely to read about each site. BUT:

Also maybe make another one for feedback on the deffrent sites and how well they are put together...
The problem with this is that readers will have to open up another window and try to match the out-of-sequence posts in the feedback thread. I doubt that many would make the effort necessary to read about the site and its reviews.

Anyone with ideas on how to get around this is asked to report.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #2 on: 07 08, 2005, 08:09: AM »

An excellent idea. This would minimize the effort on behalf of the reader, making them more likely to read about each site. BUT:

The problem with this is that readers will have to open up another window and try to match the out-of-sequence posts in the feedback thread. I doubt that many would make the effort necessary to read about the site and its reviews.

Anyone with ideas on how to get around this is asked to report.

-=- Kesvirit
First I'd like to find the specific forum... I've been looking for the Webmaster's Guild forum, but have yet to find it 8-)

There are two thing here that need to work together: a link to a site and the comments to said site.
Best way to keep both connected is a separate thread for each site, with any comments/replies etc. in that one thread.
The pinned or sticky list of sites mentioned in the forum is a good idea, but this would mean indeed that once you found a site you find interesting, you need to then find the thread of this site to comment in...

Maybe the list of "reviewed/reviewable" sites could be maintained by one person?

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 07 09, 2005, 02:59: AM »

First I'd like to find the specific forum... I've been looking for the Webmaster's Guild forum, but have yet to find it 8-)
Webmasters Guild forum = Klingon Webasters Guild. tmk1000 refers to the Introduce Your Website subforum.

There are two thing here that need to work together: a link to a site and the comments to said site.
Right. That is the point I was trying to get across. Your post puzzles me, zan SoptaHlaHwI'.

Best way to keep both connected is a separate thread for each site, with any comments/replies etc. in that one thread.
?? Yes. That is how they are currently listed.

The pinned or sticky list of sites mentioned in the forum is a good idea, but this would mean indeed that once you found a site you find interesting, you need to then find the thread of this site to comment in...
?? Again, this is what I responded to tmk1000.

Maybe the list of "reviewed/reviewable" sites could be maintained by one person?
The "reviews" are simply any comment s on a given website, and any site listed under Introduce Your Website is open for review. For that matter, anyone may comment on any site cited or linked to in these Forums.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 07 09, 2005, 03:06: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: