Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 06:36: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  Klingon News
| | |-+  The Comics Section
| | | |-+  Charcoal Grays, Battle Grays, and Honor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charcoal Grays, Battle Grays, and Honor  (Read 5499 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 09 14, 2007, 08:24: AM »

Not long ago I was up late into the night composing a KIF-related message while listening to the The Colbert Report’s "The Wørd" segment, in which subtitles do their best to undermine their speaker. I suspect it is they who truly run the show, using their unwitting Human tool to further their own plans.

The wørds played a montage of recent presidential debates with first one and then another Generic Charcoal Gray Suit emphasizing “honor.” I paused and looked up at the screen, wondering if they were headed in the same direction that I was. They were: cut to clip of Kurn saying, “A Klingon’s honor means more to him than his life...”

Generic Charcoal Grays... Generic Battle Grays... War and Honor... G’daya subtitles, trying to invade my mind....

I blame David Wu. }}8-S

For those who believe they are up to the challenge of resisting the wørds, I have tracked down both a video clip of the segment and a transcript of the entire broadcast.

(I don’t know how long Comedy Central keeps such clips available for viewing. I suspect the programs that come out daily are rotated quickly because the segments pile up. If you don’t get anywhere with the above video link, try this one.)

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 09 24, 2007, 03:48: AM »

Apparently it isn't over until Barak-Kadan sings or Cenk Uygur gets $65 million, according to CBS News and U.S.News & World Report:

Colbert, You Thief!
By Paul Bedard

Sep 20, 2007

(US News) It was hilarious when Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central's Colbert Report compared the GOP presidential candidates to Klingons after the last debate, when they had competed to pledge that it was more honorable to win the war than the presidency.

Well, now Colbert has been charged with theft by the cohost of one of Air America's leading shows, the Young Turks.

Cenk Uygur charges that Colbert stole the joke from a show the Turks aired on September 7. Colbert told the joke on September 11. Uygur has put a $65 million price tag on his suit.

"Look, he's messing with my livelihood. That's how I put food on my kids' table. If I had kids," says Uygur. He warns Colbert and Comedy Central to "lawyer up."

Comedy Central declined to comment on what's clearly a publicity stunt. How do we know?

Uygur explains that he decided on $65 million because he figures his joke is at least as valuable as that pair of pants lost by a Washington dry cleaner that resulted in a failed $65 million lawsuit from an area judge.

"If a pair of lost pants is worth $65 million, then my jokes are worth a hell of a lot more," he says.

By Paul Bedard
Copyright © 2006 U.S.News & World Report, L.P. All rights reserved.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: