Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:51: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Downloadable Costume Patterns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Downloadable Costume Patterns  (Read 14204 times)
qarSuv
Courier

« on: 08 10, 2007, 04:13: PM »

Zan Kesvirit,

Where can one download the patterns from? You can send me a private message if you'd rather not disclose your source in public.

Thanks,

qarSuv

Dream, grow and LIVE!
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 08 11, 2007, 08:27: AM »

Publicising sources is part of my stock in trade. With emphasis on the word “trade”. Anything worth having comes at a price... ::evil laughter::

Anyway. Unfortunately I can’t find the page I was looking for. I fear it has been lost to the void.

http://www.costumecostumecostume.com/Patterns.htm *sells* a pattern set for Generic Battle Grays on CD for USD 39.95 (scroll down about a third of the way down the page.)

qidar’s site may have some useful patterns/instructions, but her site is set up as a series of pop-up windows so I cannot link to them. To get there, click on the above link. Then:
 - Click Enter Site
 - Click Klingon
 - Click on the “Advice to the threadbare” link
 - Click on a link that interests you. It will ask if you want to download the PFD. Click OK.

qidar’s patterns aren’t detailed or full-sized; you would have to enlarge them and print them out. As with most costumers, she assumes a high proficiency in sewing on the part of the reader.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 2007, 08:10: PM »

qIDar's site could be easier to use, but once there you can bookmark the Advice to the Threadbare page and download the PDF articles.   The patterns are small without information to scale them to full size.  If you are doing this yourself, I would measure the part of your body the piece is going to cover, then scale the pattern to that (adding 5-10%), then transfer the pattern into cheap muslin or leftover fabric you want to get rid of, then adjust the pattern until it's the right shape.  Not only is the muslin easier to work with in this prototyping stage, it's also a lot less expensive, you you can experiment without stressing out over ruining your good fabric.
qarSuv
Courier

« Reply #3 on: 09 09, 2007, 08:06: PM »

Thanks for the tips, especially the muslin one.

Dream, grow and LIVE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: