Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
01 19, 2018, 01:43: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Programmers Guild
| | |-+  Looking For Kingon ScreenSaver OS: Windows XP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking For Kingon ScreenSaver OS: Windows XP  (Read 22069 times)
qapla100000
Courier

Qapla'!

« on: 08 06, 2007, 05:59: PM »

I Am Currently Looking For A Klingon ScreenSaver.
Please Notify Me If Any Are Window's Ready.   Wink

House Of Trek
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 08 11, 2007, 06:54: AM »

Try three threads down. http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php/topic,363.0.html

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qapla100000
Courier

Qapla'!

« Reply #2 on: 08 13, 2007, 06:10: AM »

Kesvirit That is a Desktop Picture Not A Screensaver.

House Of Trek
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 08 13, 2007, 07:54: AM »

I am aware of the difference, but as actual screensavers are so rarely needed these days people tend to use the terms interchangeably. Have you used a search engine to look for XP Klingon screensavers?

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #4 on: 08 13, 2007, 08:20: AM »

Actually Kesvirit, good Klingon screensavers are really hard to find.  A while back I spent hours and hours searching for some.   Found this one and was not impressed but it appears that the graphics have been improved since I last checked....

http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/dogfight.html

I gave up in the end.  My aol program has a built in screensaver called "Aol youve got pictures" so I just loaded all my Klingon pictures into it and use that.

There are some really good wallpapers out there and some really nice Feddie screensavers but that I've been able to find, nothing Klingon. If anyone knows of any, I too would be glad to know if them.

And speaking of wallpapers - has anyone seen a really nice pic of a bird of prey on the ground on the Klingon homeworld?  Its in quite a built up area of the city.  Great pic but it looks to me that the wing has disappeared inside the window of one of the buildings.  always wondered about that....  (see below)

http://www.appleblossomart.net/Themes/Klingon-Homeworld-Kronos.exe-Themes.htm

the theme supposedly has a screensaver with it but if so it doesnt appear on my computer for some reason.  If anyone manages to get it to work maybe they'd let me know what I am going wrong.  Its freeware by the way so no problems with cost.

ther are some good themes here as well...

http://www.fabuloussavers.com/stthemes.shtml

the nice thing is, if you download several of them, you can customise your computer using software like Desktop architect which is free to download.  I have the wallpaper from one, the sounds from another and the icons etc from a third.

However, screeensavers still appear to be rare.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #5 on: 08 25, 2007, 08:30: AM »

I have downloaded this one, but I do not like screensavers/themes that install superfluous stuff like "searchbars" on my pc...
So I could not possibly install it...

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: