Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 09:00: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Formal Female Attire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formal Female Attire  (Read 14808 times)
L'Shar Anara Rokta
Novice

« on: 07 25, 2007, 02:06: PM »

I greet you.

I posted this request for input/ feedback to the Klingon Costumer's Yahoo group and did not receive a reply.

I love the idea of getting involved with other Klingon-minded folk, but I don't feel
my battle costume is appropriate for the upcoming IKV Melota'a annual formal Klingon Ball (this coming weekend).  Other than Dax's red wedding gown and Valkris' gown, I have found little in the way of female "formal" attire.

I've extrapolated from many pictures and references and designed an outfit of black and scarlet red
(mostly leather) with gold accents.  I also pulled ideas from human European Medieval armor and my own battle garb design.

Basically my planned outfit is a variation of the female battle garb.  I have designed a red bustier
with Klingon gorget and stylized paldrons (shoulders), and a half skirt in the back (over black leather pants
I already have) that reaches to about mid-calf.  I'm not sure about what to do for the sleeves, and I'm
thinking about something in red and gold instead of fur.  Or I could go sleeveless.

If I can finish my new disruptor in time, I'll probably wear my holster.  And I'm making new black
boots and red leather gloves (like Dax's).  I have the black vambraces with gold Klingon insignia.  I also
not sure about a long-vest.

I think my ideas will work and not be too "human."  However, I wanted to check and make sure my idea is still in the Klingon
mind-set, so to speak.  Any input will be appreciated.

Qa'Pla!

L'Shar of house Rokta

L'Shar Anara of house Rokta
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #1 on: 07 25, 2007, 05:24: PM »

I had the same problem for a formal occasion.  I had a good look at the outfits worn by klingon females, including Sirella's outfit and Jadzia's wedding dress and came to the conclusion that they are basically medieval in style. 

My own solution was as follows - a medieval dress in dark green suede with Enterprise era sleeves - ie fur and chain mail  (I found a gorgeous chenille that looked like fur - it was perfect for the sleeves and I made the gorget out of the same fabric.)

the nice thing is, its not a uniform so does not have to copy anything seen on screen, just be consistent with the styles.  and medieval dress patterns are both easy to obtain and incredibly easy to make.  you just alte the neckline and the shape of the sleeves a little, use Klingon fabrics, such as leather, suede and fur and you have a stunning Klingon evening dress.

I can't show you the whole dress yet as its not quite finished but heres a close up of the sleeves.
Will post a btter picture ASAP.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
L'Shar Anara Rokta
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 07 25, 2007, 07:30: PM »

My thanks for your reference picture, Captain Kehlan!  Your help is appreciated.  Your formal sleeve is lovely, as I am sure the rest of your attire will be also.

---
As to my first attempt at female formal wear, I'll keep an update going as I have it.

---
I completed my outfit, and the Klingon Ball was quite enjoyable!  I'll post pictures when I receive them (I forgot my camera, and must rely on others who took pictures).

Qa'Pla!  Cheesy

L'Shar Anara
[Edit- Merged double ... err triple post  -Klythe]
« Last Edit: 07 30, 2007, 09:49: PM by Klythe » Logged

L'Shar Anara of house Rokta
Lyle K
One Post Wonder

« Reply #3 on: 06 27, 2013, 06:50: PM »

I greet you.

I posted this request for input/ feedback to the Klingon Costumer's Yahoo group and did not receive a reply.

I love the idea of getting involved with other Klingon-minded folk, but I don't feel
my battle costume is appropriate for the upcoming IKV Melota'a annual formal Klingon Ball (this coming weekend).  Other than Dax's red wedding gown and Valkris' gown, I have found little in the way of female "formal" attire.

I've extrapolated from many pictures and references and designed an outfit of black and scarlet red
(mostly leather) with gold accents.  I also pulled ideas from human European Medieval armor and my own battle garb design.

Basically my planned outfit is a variation of the female battle garb.  I have designed a red bustier
with Klingon gorget and stylized paldrons (shoulders), and a half skirt in the back (over black leather pants
I already have) that reaches to about mid-calf.  I'm not sure about what to do for the sleeves, and I'm
thinking about something in red and gold instead of fur.  Or I could go sleeveless.

If I can finish my new disruptor in time, I'll probably wear my holster.  And I'm making new black
boots and red leather gloves (like Dax's).  I have the black vambraces with gold Klingon insignia.  I also
not sure about a long-vest.

I think my ideas will work and not be too "human."  However, I wanted to check and make sure my idea is still in the Klingon
mind-set, so to speak.  Any input will be appreciated.

Qa'Pla!

L'Shar of house Rokta

I have tell you that i the idea is super. I like this one very much..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: