Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 06:44: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Canon, Catians, and other costume variants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canon, Catians, and other costume variants  (Read 46750 times)
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« on: 06 22, 2007, 03:33: AM »

While it is not TOS, this is probably taking costume variations way too far. }}:P

[Edit -- retitled thread]
« Last Edit: 10 11, 2007, 05:50: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #1 on: 06 22, 2007, 07:58: AM »

ROTFL!

I like it when things aren't taken too serious. A "Hello Kitty" klingon costume is, however weird and disconcerting, very funny to me.

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 06 22, 2007, 08:15: AM »

ARRRRRRGH!  MY  EYES!  MY  BRAIN!!  Somebody get me a bucket of sand and a bottle of bleach!  I'd get them myself, but I can't khest'n see!

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 06 26, 2007, 03:21: AM »

I can appreciate very much something as hilarious yet disturbing as the hello kitty costume, because it is obviously meant as humor. I would be equally dismayed at someone suggesting that they were a Kitty Fusion Klingon and claiming those colors as some sort of special branch uniform all the while claiming to be at least semi-canon.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #4 on: 07 08, 2007, 09:26: PM »

I can appreciate very much something as hilarious yet disturbing as the hello kitty costume, because it is obviously meant as humor. I would be equally dismayed at someone suggesting that they were a Kitty Fusion Klingon and claiming those colors as some sort of special branch uniform all the while claiming to be at least semi-canon.
That is plain stupidity, not to mention very "pyjama-like". A typical thing to be suggested by 16-year old admirals...

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #5 on: 07 09, 2007, 07:26: AM »

quoth qoSagh:
I would be equally dismayed at someone suggesting that they were a Kitty Fusion Klingon and claiming those colors as some sort of special branch uniform all the while claiming to be at least semi-canon.
Semi-canon? Where would that idea have come from? I am far from having read every book and seen every episode, but if there were someone claiming a sentient feline Fusion existed, I would think I would have at least heard about it by now....

SoplaHtaHwI’, what do you mean by “pyjama-like”? The only uniform-related pyjama reference I know of is the Technicolor Pyjamas worn by TOS Federation personnel.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #6 on: 07 09, 2007, 08:20: AM »

There is a character called M'ress in the New Frontier series of novels.  The chracter is time displaced and supposedly served on the original Enterprise.  She is a Felinoid character, and they call her a Caitian.

And, yes, I know its not canon.

Maybe, somewhere in your deeepest , most terrible nightmares, the hello kitty character could claim to be a Caitian!

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #7 on: 07 09, 2007, 09:14: AM »

*cough*  Perhaps more and again less canon that you might even know about....  Lt. M'ress first appeared in the Star Trek Animated series.  She and her Caitian species have recieved several fan treatment, as she was obviously a very well liked addition to the crew.  Far less has been done with the other regular bridge crew alien, LT. Arex apparently wasn't appreciated to the same degree, judging from the amount of fan material about his race the Edosians.

Of course she could claim to be a Kzinti, but I don't think anyone would buy that.  Maybe an Eaouian from the book "Uhura's Song".   Or ... What was Snarl's species...  I uh, mean Ensign Snnanagan Fashtali (err however she spelt her name.  Also from "Uhura's Song".
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #8 on: 07 11, 2007, 08:57: PM »

One could also argue that a felinoid character can be more cannon than not.  IN adition to Lt. M'ress there was, in ST: V an apparant felinoid dancer in the bar scene on Nimbus III.  If I recall correctly she attacked Cptn. Kirk. (Which makes her ok in my book Cheesy)(NOt that I'm a Klingon who doesnt like Kirk Wink)
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #9 on: 07 12, 2007, 10:24: PM »

***OT ALERT***

My wife and daughter each have T-shirts (Designed by a friend), which depicts a black and white Hello Kitty in battle armour and holding a batlh. My daughter wears hers to school proudly.

maj! {Good}...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Tedra_deArr
Senior Courier

« Reply #10 on: 07 16, 2007, 03:54: PM »

Canon means only TV, am I right? Otherwise the main topics of the gorkon books were feline characters, Children of San-Tarah if I recall right, but I guess it is not counted as canon.... huh

Edit: did some rephrasing and capitalisation.
« Last Edit: 07 28, 2007, 12:23: PM by Tedra_deArr » Logged

Sometimes you have to punch your way through - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Empire of Warriors ORPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #11 on: 07 20, 2007, 09:18: AM »

canon means only TV, right? Otherwise the main topics of the gorkon books were feline characters, Children of San-Tarah if i recall right, guess is not canon.... huh

The most common (Read least argued) definition for "Canon" with regards to Trek would be that anything seen on-screen, to include film and television, is considered "Official" or Canon information. Some folks - including myself - extend this definition to licensed resources such as the various tech-manuals and language materials.

But you are correct when you state that novels are not considered to be "Canon" information.

maj! {Good}...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #12 on: 07 21, 2007, 07:56: PM »

Oh there are other canon felinoids.  We see them in Star Trek 4 in the Federation Council chambers.  Semi-officially these are Caitians, but it isn't canon since they aren't identified on screen.  I could probably list at least half a dozen non-canon felinoid species.

Anyway, Caitians are basically anthropomorphic lions and lionesses, while Hello kitty is a Domestic cat.  That ain't gunna fly.  Anyway this is off topic and needs to stop or be split...  Actually, I'm going to split it anyway to get the original thread back on topic.
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #13 on: 07 23, 2007, 11:30: AM »

SoplaHtaHwI’, what do you mean by “pyjama-like”? The only uniform-related pyjama reference I know of is the Technicolor Pyjamas worn by TOS Federation personnel.
I (and others with me) use "pyjama" as a derogatory term for Federation personell.
Regardless of the uniform the "feddie" is wearing, I call him "pyjama". 8-)

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #14 on: 07 24, 2007, 06:59: AM »

Funny...  I always associated the term "pajama" with TNG 1 piece bodysuit uniforms, but yes, also derogtively referring by extension to Starfleet and the Federation in general...   
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #15 on: 12 29, 2007, 06:09: PM »

***OT ALERT***

My wife and daughter each have T-shirts (Designed by a friend), which depicts a black and white Hello Kitty in battle armour and holding a batlh. My daughter wears hers to school proudly.

maj! {Good}...

Problems with guns in schools aside (and trusting your parental skills): this would probably fit the ensemble:

http://i20.tinypic.com/16gh4et.jpg

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: