Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 12:58: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Uniforms & Tunics
| | | |-+  Looking for Klingon Male Costume
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for Klingon Male Costume  (Read 15905 times)
mikeTm
One Post Wonder

« on: 07 16, 2007, 08:00: AM »

Hi, I am looking for a regular Klingon Warrior costume. Something like the Klingons wore in Star Trek 3. I am looking to spend between 100 - 300 max. I need this for a short film I am working on so I just want to be recognizable as a klingon. I'll also need Mask or head piece. Suit doesnt have to be perfect, just something halfway decent. I saw a kind of cheap mask on ebay, but I'd like something a little better then that. Also I would like to find a klingon disrupter gun. Hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.

Tedra_deArr
Senior Courier

« Reply #1 on: 07 16, 2007, 03:40: PM »

Have you thought about sewing one yourself? I haven't found any decent on the internet yet so I am going to sew one myself. There are some good pattern available on the Internet. How much time do you have for this?

mfg

Edit: did some rephrasing and capitalisation.
« Last Edit: 07 28, 2007, 12:27: PM by Tedra_deArr » Logged

Sometimes you have to punch your way through - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Empire of Warriors ORPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 07 18, 2007, 05:37: AM »

Many have asked this question and I have never found a satisfactory answer. Chuzat posted years ago in another thread:
you can buy a custom made uniform, by a professional costumer approved by Paramount, for only $12,000. I saw this at ST:The Experience and almost died. You can see it on their website as well (http://www.stexp.com) in the shops.

Most klinfolk end up making their own costumes. For beginning costumers this usually means making the basic parts (for the Neotrek look this would be the tunic, shoulder pieces, belt, and headpiece), improvising the mock turtleneck, pants, and boots (basic grey/black is easy enough to find in the shops if you don’t already have such things in your wardrobe), and buying other accessories (bracers, collar, sash, weapons, etc.) as they find them or making them when they have time. It tends to be an ongoing process. I have no idea where you would find a complete “accessories pack” for sale.

If you don’t have the time to make your own costume you must pay a costumer/seamstress/tailor to do it. I have not done any pricing, but I am doubtful that you will be able to find *anyone* to make a complete costume for less than US$300.

If you cannot find someone through your local Yellow Pages, q’IDar and Trish’s Stitches come highly recommended. As of this writng part of Trish’s site is down; keep checking back.

The advantage of going with either is that both have done extensive Klingon work and have their own patterns and whatnot to work from, so that is one less thing you would have to provide. The downside of using net-based services is that fittings, if the costumer will do them at all, would have to be done through the mail, costing you even more time and money. Some may depend exclusively on measurements provided by the customer and may not do fittings at all. This is a distinct disadvantage as you may find yourself stuck with paying for something which does not fit properly.

I also point you to the Internet Media Costume Resource List.

I also recommend that you regularly check at The Site To Which We Do Not Link (eBay.) I have seen complete costumes made by both pros and fans posted there, and there is a company that liquidates costumes and props from TV and film werehouses that periodically lists Klingon costumes and related items. A few months ago I saw someone from Aregtina selling an approximately  Men’s Medium-sized uniform costume. I believe the reserve price was US$250; I don’t know if it met reserve or what the winning bid was, if there was one. The main disadvantage of taking this route is that you are buying a costume that was custom made to fit someone else, and is highly unlikely to fit you properly. If it is slightly too large you can have it altered, but it seems very risky to spend the kind of money we are talking about on a costume you cannot try on and cannot return.

I hope you found something useful in all that. If you ever find a source of pre-made Klingon costumes (warrior or not), let us know! Klindom is but a corner of Trek, but I think there would be a niche market for prefabbed costumes. Presuming, of course, that unlike most licenced items they are not utter cr@p. }}:-\

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qarSuv
Courier

« Reply #3 on: 08 11, 2007, 09:08: PM »

There's also Shadowdale Creations. I'd love to talk to someone who bought something from them, but judging by the other things they have on the site - like an amazing Elven armor - I'd go with them.

Dream, grow and LIVE!
JEFF
Newcomer

« Reply #4 on: 10 14, 2008, 01:37: PM »

I am selling my complete uniform take a look in the marketplace section and send me an email. For more info soot me an email at ajkirk@ptd.net

K'arak
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: