Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:40: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum Feedback
| | |-+  The best Klingon site I've ever seen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The best Klingon site I've ever seen  (Read 7463 times)
qapla100000
Courier

Qapla'!

« on: 03 04, 2007, 07:04: AM »

this is the best website ive ever been on and i want to thank you for making it oh and im a web master how do you create a forum because i have no idea please give me a clue?Huh?? but you are the best site ive ever been on if you want to write in klingon email me at qapla100000@gmail.com thanks and may kahless bless you all a thousand times  Smiley

[Edit -- clarified post title]
« Last Edit: 07 05, 2007, 06:11: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

House Of Trek
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 03 04, 2007, 09:33: PM »

I thank you for your words of praise.   This is the third version of the Klingon Imperial Forums.  We Are fortunate to have had many energetic discussions on many Klingon topics over the years.   Lady K'zin made the First Klingon Imperial Forums available for beta Testing back in July 2001, Without the diligence and drive of Kesvirit, there would have been no second incarnation and all the previous discussions would have been forever lost to the hungry spider bots of doom.

If your website hosting service offers MySQL Database access, then setting up forums is as easy(or as difficult) as choosing which forum Software to run, uploading the forum software to your website, and then configuring your forum software.    The software we use is Simple machines forums.  I find it is very stable, feature rich and also very customizable (if we had the free time to customize it more
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #2 on: 03 05, 2007, 07:10: PM »

Credit is due to many, from Lady K’Zin to founding and hosting the Forums, to Klythe for serving as moderator and technical expert, to everyone who has come through to post and participate. After all, even the best-looking forum is worth little if no one uses it!

I too would like to customize the Forums further, but a lack of knowledge and limited time preclude doing so...

Also, note that the Forums are different than the KIDC’s http://www.klingon.org site. As Klythe says, we use the Simple Machines Forum software to run the Forums. But the klingon.org page is Lady K’Zin’s doing, and I have no idea how she put it together. Web page design is a bit beyond my meager skills.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: