Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 11:32: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Greetings (and again!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings (and again!)  (Read 5234 times)
QorvaS
Scribe

« on: 11 09, 2006, 07:35: PM »

NuqneQ

I am QorvaS, son of Qegh.

I have been an adherent of the Klingon Way for many years and a Trek fan since I was quite young.

This looks like an excellent forum, full of very interesting things.

Regards

QorvaS Smiley
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 11 09, 2006, 10:47: PM »

Greetings, QorvaS, and welcome to the Forums. What was it that brought you into the Trekiverse? Do you find these initial areas of interests have stuck with you during your tenure in Klindom, or have they drifted over the years?

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
QorvaS
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 11 10, 2006, 01:31: AM »

Kesvirit, Greetings.

Well, I have long been a fan of TOS, being a pseudo-geezer (turning 45 in January ;-) as I am:-)

I remember well the exploits of Jim Kirk and his crew from the early days when, as a young lad, I sat and watched the episodes on TV when they were still - how we say - 'fresh' (grin)

I remained a fan after that and then, in the Autumn (I believe - it was SO long ago) of 1977 I was visiting our local hockey arena
(in Vancouver BC) for a completely different reason when a friend of mine told me that there was "some kind of Star Trek thingie" going on in one of the facilities on the site. After my hockey-related visit was concluded I drifted over to see what was going on and by chance ended up standing next to a really big guy who had just finished giving a talk or something at the (so-called) Star Trek "thingie", which had just ended.

Well, pseudo fan that I was, I had no idea who was who in the Trek world, and I just started talking to this really big fellow, who I figured might know something about the 'star trek' thing that I had just missed.

He introduced himself, rather humbly, as Gene Roddenberry - a guy who had, had "something to do" with the creation of Star Trek.

Wow! in 1977, as a 15 year old lad, I was simply astonished by the amount of respect and candid attitude shown me by the Great Bird himself when he spoke with me. To him it did not matter that I was 'just a kid'; He treated me with much respect and that had a profound effect on me that I remember well to this day.

It was quite an experience - one which led me to be able to really see the VISION for the future that this great man held for us.

As to the Klingon part of it - well, John Colicos was the guy who really got me interested in Klingon-ness in the TOS. I was immediately entranced by the Warrior ethics of the Klingon People and it has, in many ways guide my life since then. Part of the reason I sought military service and indeed, what I practiced Martial arts for many years, was due to the Klingon influence.

Recently I have been looking at learning the Klingon language, and as a person with an anthropological background I am finding it MORE than fascinating.

This forum is looking like a great eduacational resource in that regard.

Die well.

QorvaS
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #3 on: 11 10, 2006, 07:30: AM »

Hello Qorvas,

its good to meet you here and I will look forward to reading your posts.

Wow!  I never had the honour to meet Gene Roddenberry.  You were very lucky!!!

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #4 on: 11 11, 2006, 08:15: PM »

Greetings QorvaS,

Welcome to the KIDC fray...er...forum Cheesy

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
QorvaS
Scribe

« Reply #5 on: 11 18, 2006, 06:26: PM »

Greetings and thanks.

Thank you all for the goodly welcome!

Much appreciated.

Qapla!   Wink

QorvaS
chalvatlh
Klingon formerly Known as Fraek
Discoursing Diplomat

In order to succeed, you must enjoy eating poison!

« Reply #6 on: 11 18, 2006, 10:40: PM »

You've been here longer than I...  ...but welcome all the same!
QorvaS
Scribe

« Reply #7 on: 01 28, 2009, 01:48: AM »

Greetings all.

I'm posting this to say hello once again - I'm not exactly a *new* member here - joined in '06 - but I've been away for a couple of years.
Mundane life can certainly get in the way of things ;-)

Anyway, I have come back.
I have never stopped being Klingon in my heart. It is good to see so many of the original members - and the new ones - here!

Qapla!

QorvaS, son of Tor
Hod Qhi
Scribe

« Reply #8 on: 01 28, 2009, 04:26: PM »

Nice to meet you I am Qhi.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #9 on: 01 29, 2009, 12:01: AM »

Welcome back, Qorvas.  I am glad to hear of your victories in the RL fleet and that they have allowed your return to the forums.  It is good to have more old school warrior returning, tromping about the forums, adding their experience, knowledge and opinions to the discussions.

For convenience of all I have combined your earlier introduction.   I am interested to hear about your anthropological background.  Sadly my own consists of a single class back when I was in college and picking up a book now and then...
QorvaS
Scribe

« Reply #10 on: 01 29, 2009, 03:33: AM »

Klythe, Qhi and all.

Thanks for the welcome back. Indeed, it is good to be among Klinfolk again!

Indeed, the so-called 'real world' has had its ups and downs - as I am sure is probably the case with you all. g'day't mundane world, eh? ;-)

Klythe; Well, my anthropology background comes from the days when I was studying for my degree in Anthropology at the University of British Columbia, up here in Vancouver. I started out in archaeology actually, but I shifted focus after the first summer's digs. As a person who is part Native American I discovered I had a few problems with digging up burial sites. I moved to general anthropology and studied tribal cultures of various areas. This meshed well with my second major, which was psychology.

Sadly, after I graduated I didn't get much work in my field. Most of the work in Anthropology is reserved for Master's level or Ph.D folks, and I couldn't see spending another 4-6 on campus. I went back to my old standby and did lighting in the film industry for awhile, and to this day I do Audio Visual for a company that specializes in corporate AV. I do a lot more than that though....lots of side projects.... Working on a career change though ;-)

Over the years, the Klingon Way has never been far from my heart. Indeed, as one who follows the Way of Norse Heathenry, there are many ways I have found where I have been able to employ and adapt the Klingon traditions into my life. truly, I was a Klingon in my spirit long before I ever heard of Paganism, Asatru or Heathenry. Indeed, the tradition I follow is very Klingon-like in more than a few aspects.

As a boy (I'm 47 now, so that was a looong time back;-) I remember watching the TOS, wishing I could be like Cmdr. Kor or Captain Koloth. later, I both admired great Klingons like Kruuge and Martiok (and especially Gowron;-) and at the same time wondered about whimpy Mr. Worf.  Also, I admired all that had been done for Klingon culture - not only in the films and other media, but also by the truly dedicated fans.

Would, that we could simply get to a species reassignment clinic, followed by a deep space trek back 'home' to Q'onos, eh?

Regards & Qapla!

QorvaS
QoghtlhIH'u'
Old Guard
Lettered Veteran

qaStaH nuq? toqDuj vImojchoH?

« Reply #11 on: 01 29, 2009, 11:09: AM »

whimpy Mr. Worf
Cheesy
The Federation does that to people, even to Klingons...

QorvaS
Scribe

« Reply #12 on: 01 29, 2009, 10:23: PM »

Yes, like water....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: