Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 11:32: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  Klingon News
| | |-+  Klingons in the News
| | | |-+  NCIS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCIS  (Read 9741 times)
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« on: 11 01, 2006, 01:11: PM »

Although I didn't see it, because I was working. My wife has assured me that last night's NCIS episode featured a Klingon at a Halloween party. He was speaking something, presumably tlhIngan Hol, but on TV one never knows.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 11 01, 2006, 08:44: PM »

What show is this NCIS?   I generally don't watch TV unless forced to.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #2 on: 11 01, 2006, 09:37: PM »

You may have heard of shows such as CSI (miami) and SCI (New York) - CSI = Crime Scene Investigation.  Basically its a drama about solving crimes using Forensic science...  Well, NCIS is the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, similar show but set in the US Navy.  We even get it over here in England and its pretty good.

Maybe someone could let me know which episode this is and i will look out for it.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 11 02, 2006, 03:54: AM »

Ah.  Thanks.   Yeah...  I've heard of CSI... Infamous I should say...  Enemies of my Furry friends for the way they portrayed Furry Conventions and the goes there of.   Hopefully this isn't made by the same people.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #4 on: 11 02, 2006, 07:53: AM »

Yes, I think i remember seeing the episode where they met the furries.  For people like me who weren't aware of furries, it certainly did not give a good impression of them - but that seems to be typical of TV - if you don't agree with someone else's hobbies/ideals etc then denigrate them, make them out to be idiots...  They've been doing it to Trek fans for years.

I suspect the NCIS show probably is made by the same people but am not sure for certain.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 11 02, 2006, 02:33: PM »

NCIS is not made by the same team that did the numerous CSI shows. NCIS is actually made by the creator of Magnum PI, who has often set his shows around the Navy or at least a Navy connection.

I did see the footage on-line yesterday. It is very quick, they are investigating an Assault/Kidnapping and the suspect is trailed to a Halloween Party where he is dressed as a Klingon, and speaks a little Hol to them. One of the NCIS Investigators translates for the team, which was kind of funny.

qoSagh qlIStIy
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #6 on: 11 04, 2006, 04:23: PM »

Can't help bur wonder if they may not have come here for their "Translation"? Seems every few weeks someone associated with a TV show or Film or other media project shows up looking for translations... Smiley

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #7 on: 11 04, 2006, 06:00: PM »

The only phrase that they verbally translated was "Your Mother has a smooth forehead" which I believe you can get from the back of either edition of TKD.

With the (Finally) canonization of the fusions, this insult takes on a much more specific meaning. It apparently means your mother is diseased, or perhaps your mother is not of pure Klingon blood.

qoSagh qlIStIy
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #8 on: 11 04, 2006, 07:04: PM »

The only phrase that they verbally translated was "Your Mother has a smooth forehead" which I believe you can get from the back of either edition of TKD.

With the (Finally) canonization of the fusions, this insult takes on a much more specific meaning. It apparently means your mother is diseased, or perhaps your mother is not of pure Klingon blood.

Good point... Though I always sort of "Assumed" that it might have been a quiet nod to the then (At the time of the Cassettes), unaddressed TOS issue and to the FASA solution...

Your observation would likely be an excellent panal discussion, or at least a portion of one about the cultural origins of various Klingon phrases... I'll bet that there are many others that could be elaborated on from such books as TKW...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #9 on: 11 04, 2006, 10:25: PM »

NCIS is not made by the same team that did the numerous CSI shows. *** I did see the footage on-line yesterday.

Got a link? I'd like to see the footage.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #10 on: 11 05, 2006, 08:53: PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI9r2Bs_cNw  I think is the scene.   But I got distaracted by the Orion girl...
Scorpius
Novice

« Reply #11 on: 11 06, 2006, 08:39: PM »

Thats great! Well doen to the writer for including the character.
Kaz Son of Maktan
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #12 on: 06 13, 2009, 08:39: PM »

That forehead looks familiar...Is that T'Greth from the Voyager episode, Prophecy?

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: