Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 09:02: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Chat times?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chat times?  (Read 114589 times)
GTman05
Senior Courier

« on: 12 31, 2004, 05:44: AM »

hey all, im organising a Chat event on Klingon.org Chat. @ about 5:30Pm saturday - Texas, Houstan time and itll go till when ever,  the reason why i said Texas, Houstan  Time is because im from Australia and thats as close to the middle of America as i could find the local time to, also saying when ill be there with my time i would  confuse everybody, for me the local time will  be 10:30am on a Sunday.

all is welcome and encoraged to come and have a chat, hope to see you's all there.  Cheesy

[Edited by Klythe-  Corrected URL to put you in the correct channel.   After you click the link and the window opens, click inside the name box, type your Forum alias, and press [Enter] or [Return], before clicking or typing anywhere else.   Then make sure you click at the bottom line in the box after "Message:" Thanks.]
« Last Edit: 08 18, 2007, 03:23: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 12 31, 2004, 08:21: AM »

U.S.A. - Seattle(Pacific) Thursday, January 1, 2004 at 3:30:00 PM UTC-8 hours PST
U.S.A. - Texas(Central) Thursday, January 1, 2004 at 5:30:00 PM UTC-6 hours CST
U.S.A. - New York(Eastern) Thursday, January 1, 2004 at 6:30:00 PM UTC-5 hours CST
Amsterdam (Netherlands) Friday, January 2, 2004 at 12:30:00 AM UTC+1 hour CET
London (GMT) Thursday, January 1, 2004 at 23:30:00

Send me a PM if your Time Zone is not listed here and  would like me to add it.

Ambassador Lady K'Zin
Forum Founder
Administrator
Klingon Conversationalist

Always trust your instincts!

« Reply #2 on: 01 01, 2005, 05:51: AM »

Sorry I won't be able to join in the fun, I will be at a family dinner with the in-laws...

All the best and Happy New Stardate!

~ Lady K'Zin

~ Ambassador Lady K'Zin

Administrator,
Klingon Imperial Forums, KIDC
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 01 01, 2005, 08:12: AM »

I look forward to it!

More advanced notice would be appreciated; not all of our regular posters check in daily. While you ponder that, I will look into the possibility of emailing an announcement to the entire Forums membership in the event of future planned chats.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 01 01, 2005, 08:13: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #4 on: 01 02, 2005, 02:07: AM »

So Sorry i left like i did, i only steped out for about ten Miniutes and when i got back, some one else got on and wouldent get off  angry  angry , but i read the last few lines of the Chat event, and it would be good to make it a Weekly thing.

there was other things i wanted to chat to you's about, but, the computer i am on isnt mine, and the owner claimed it back for an hour!! so thats why i didnt come back, sorry again.

but great to meet ya's Kesvirit & Klythe, i hope to talk to you's again soon.
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 01 02, 2005, 07:40: AM »

Well, maybe weekly is too often...   If other people start responding to this thread and asking for it, we might do it again in a week or two, but other than that, monthly is probably more realisitic.  

Now I'm off to dig through my TlhIngan Hol reference matter to finish translating my new handle.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 01 02, 2005, 12:44: PM »

Sorry I missed it. I had planned to be there but forgot that it conflicted with a New Years Day party. I hope to make it to the next one, whenever that is.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
ngabwI
Senior Courier

« Reply #7 on: 01 06, 2005, 01:18: PM »

I would have loved to be able to do this! It sounds like an awesome idea. I'm now subscribed to this thread, so post here when a new time can be arranged, and I'll see what I can do about being there.

Klythe, do you require assistance with your handle? (Only too happy to help.) }}: )

--ngabs
HovpoH 702509.9

jatlh Huch, 'ach bom yuch!
"Money talks, but chocolate sings!"
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #8 on: 01 06, 2005, 09:23: PM »

Klythe, do you require assistance with your handle? (Only too happy to help.) }}: )

Yeah, can you make me less lazy and forgetful?   I know the words exist for my new handle, since it is based on a Klingon expression.

First of all is the time good for everybody?   We should give plenty of early notice...   So I propose, Sat Jan 22, bumping it back half an hour  for no other reason than so that it falls on the hour.   If this is not convienent for anyone interested, please offer an alternate day/time.  

London (GMT) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 11 PM  GMT
U.S.A. - Seattle(Pacific) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 3 PM UTC-8 PST
U.S.A. - Texas(Central) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 5 PM UTC-6 CST
U.S.A. - New York(Eastern) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 6 PM UTC-5 EST
Amsterdam (Netherlands) Sunday, January 23, 2004 at 12 AM (Midnight) UTC+1 hour CET
Austrailia- Sunday, January 23, 2004 at 10 AM

For brevity, we can discuss the meeting time in GMT and use this worldtimezone tool to see at a glace what everyone's local times are.   My proposal is 23:00 GMT on Janurary 22nd.   Anyone want to propose a competing time to see which people like better?
ngabwI
Senior Courier

« Reply #9 on: 01 07, 2005, 03:31: AM »

Yeah, can you make me less lazy and forgetful?   I know the words exist for my new handle, since it is based on a Klingon expression.
::Intrigued:: Really? Care to share, or do you want it to be a surprise?
First of all is the time good for everybody?   We should give plenty of early notice...   So I propose, Sat Jan 22, bumping it back half an hour  for no other reason than so that it falls on the hour.
Your time falls at 1800 local to me. Works for me.

Keep me posted.

--ngabmeister
HovpoH 702512.4

jatlh Huch, 'ach bom yuch!
"Money talks, but chocolate sings!"
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #10 on: 01 07, 2005, 08:01: AM »

Austrailia- Sunday, January 23, 2004 at 10 AM

For brevity, we can discuss the meeting time in GMT and use this worldtimezone tool to see at a glace what everyone's local times are.
You show excellent initiative in finding the time zone converter, zan Klythe. However, note that  Australia has five time zones (see map) and five different 10 AMs.

When converting your local time zone to GMT, do not forget that roughly half of Earth's countries and regions thereof observe the infernal practice of Daylight Savings Time (see map for details), and that days of transition from Standard to Daylight Savings and back are not always consistant. *grumble* This can make it exceedingly difficult to plan a group chat or a one-to-one communication, let alone travel internationally.

-=- Kesv
« Last Edit: 01 07, 2005, 08:01: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #11 on: 01 07, 2005, 10:59: PM »

However, note that Australia has five time zones (see map) and five different 10 AMs.

Do not forget that roughly half of Earth's countries and regions thereof observe the infernal practice of Daylight Savings Time

Silly Terrans and thier Daylight Savings Time...    The Austrailian time was simple adjusted from GTMan05's local time, which corresponds to Sydney.  Click the link to see Austrailia's Time zones.

::Intrigued:: Really? Care to share, or do you want it to be a surprise?

GTMan05 shared the derivation of his name with us in the chat.  I initially adjusted to his format, but later 'translated' it into words I knew existed in the Hol.  If I'm in there as ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha' or ForestSarghRider02, you will know that will be me.   I'm glad I made myself look it up because I found something else when I did.  See the Klingon Calendar thread for more info.
« Last Edit: 01 09, 2005, 06:51: AM by Klythe » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #12 on: 01 09, 2005, 06:47: AM »

Silly Terrans and thier Daylight Savings Time...
{jIQochbe'qu'!}* Silly Terrans, who think they can out-clever us Klinfolk with their silly times-bent running about in changing clocks behavior! }}8 P~~~

The Austrailian time was simple adjusted from GTMan05's local time, which corresponds to Sydney.  Click the link to see Austrailia's Time zones.
GTMan05 was the only Australian present at the last chat, but he is not the only Australian on the Forums' roster. I do not know where the others are based. Hence my addition of the Australian time zone map -- I would hate to have any interested Australian miss the grand experience that is the KIF chat by logging on at the wrong time.

-=- Kesv

*AGREED!

Ambassador Lady K'Zin
Forum Founder
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: 01 13, 2005, 10:32: PM »

Won't be able to make it on the 22nd, I will be attending an all-day SCA event - the East Kingdom's Kings & Queens Rapier Championships. Since it is so rare to have SCA Royalty visiting, it should be an interesting event. There is a feast in the evening, so I won't be back until late... Oh, well...

~ Ambassador Lady K'Zin

Administrator,
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #14 on: 01 19, 2005, 05:16: AM »

ill be there, i might be a bit late, but ill be there for sure, this time none of this BRB stuff.  
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #15 on: 01 22, 2005, 06:22: PM »

*Bump*   Today is a good day for talking.

London (GMT) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 11 PM GMT
U.S.A. - Seattle(Pacific) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 3 PM UTC-8 PST
U.S.A. - Texas(Central) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 5 PM UTC-6 CST
U.S.A. - New York(Eastern) Saturday, January 22, 2004 at 6 PM UTC-5 EST
Amsterdam (Netherlands) Sunday, January 23, 2004 at 12 AM (Midnight) UTC+1 hour CET
Sydney, Austrailia- Sunday, January 23, 2004 at 10 AM

So if you are P Sherman, and live on 32 Wallaby Way Sydney, Austrailian, you will want to click the Klingon.org Chat link in the first message and log in around to 10 AM this morning.
« Last Edit: 01 22, 2005, 06:24: PM by Klythe » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #16 on: 02 07, 2005, 07:46: AM »

Who wants to talk at 23:00 GMT  Feb. 26, 2005? (Same time of day as last time.)

Last month’s talk was ever so slightly more successful than the one before it as we gained a conversant. Unfortunately I was cut off towards the end (down with SBC! }}>:-E), and shortly after we began we lost ngabwI’ to a cheesecake. *It* is thought  to have eaten *him*. Which is, when one considers it, is indeed a glorious way to die.

At least the text said it was cheesecake. I suspect it was well-disguised blancmange. You must understand that a blancmange impersonator and cannibal has to use some pretty clever stories to allay suspicion. Imperial Intelligence has sent a contingent to the planet Skyron in the galaxy of Andromeda to determine the specifics of the incident and the degree of threat the blancmange poses to Imperial holdings along the distal frontier.

I propose that we aim for the third Sat/Sun (depending on where you live in relation to the Terran intraplanetary dateline) of each month. If anyone interested in chat room events has regular obligations that conflict with this, speak up! Chat room scheduling is flexible, and we would like to involve as many as who are interested. I also remind everyone that individuals may use it whenever they wish.

Anyone who is interested in the scheduled chats but does not visit the Forums regularly is encouraged to subscribe to the topic by ckicking on “Track this topic”, located at the bottom-most red bar at the end of the thread.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 02 07, 2005, 10:37: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

tilk

« Reply #17 on: 02 07, 2005, 09:31: AM »

I really would, but it is too late for this black TARG!!

I have been buying up big on ebay with klingon stuff. I have this sick obsession at the moment, and I hope it never ends. I have bought more than 20 models(all different scales), badges, batlefs, Have sample materials for uniforms, have downloaded countless pictures and instructions on how to make head pieces, uniforms.
This years melbourne convention was pretty small, but I hope to contribute next year with maybe a first??
I Klingon exhibition. Scaled sets, full scale dressed figures, knives, batlefs, you name it.
I have told you all about the fan film I want to make, I have drafted the scenes, I am learning chromakeying, so I can film real people and scale sets into real lanscape.
Even though star trek may SEEM to be ebbing, the Klingon blood flows strong still.
I am still new to the klingon world at this level, BUt hopefully with the help of many, I can make a contribution.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #18 on: 02 07, 2005, 10:41: AM »

I really would, but it is too late for this black TARG!!
23:00 GMT Sat. Feb. 26, 2005 is:
10 a.m. Sun. Feb. 27, Melbourne time.  
Do you work a night or swing shift? What time would be good for you?

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 02 07, 2005, 10:42: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #19 on: 02 08, 2005, 07:51: PM »

I think I'm open any time on the next two 3rd Saturdays.  So if there is a better time for you, just ask, and we'll see who's up for it.
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #20 on: 02 11, 2005, 05:50: AM »

i'll try my hardest to be there that day, but i dont know what im doing untill it happends, i'll check bacl later and tell you's waether or not im coming
tilk

« Reply #21 on: 02 12, 2005, 02:46: PM »

umm, a chat would be good. I spose any saturday night? I am australian time though, how does that equate to US time?
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #22 on: 02 12, 2005, 08:29: PM »

I spose any saturday night?
Unfortunately Saturday night in Australia occurs in the wee hours of Saturday morning for posters in the U.S. You would most likely find yourself talking to the void...

I am australian time though, how does that equate to US time?
Read the thread and you will have your answer:

Austrailia- Sunday, ... at 10 AM

For brevity, we can discuss the meeting time in GMT and use this worldtimezone tool to see at a glace what everyone's local times are.
... Australia has five time zones (see map) and five different 10 AMs.

When converting your local time zone to GMT, do not forget that roughly half of Earth's countries and regions thereof observe the infernal practice of Daylight Savings Time (see map for details), and that days of transition from Standard to Daylight Savings and back are not always consistant.
23:00 GMT Sat. Feb. 26, 2005 is: 10 a.m. Sun. Feb. 27, Melbourne time.

GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #23 on: 02 23, 2005, 08:24: AM »

i dont think i'll be there sorry guys, but on other news i can put in a dedicated chatroom on mIRC if you's would like, no troble at all, what do you's think  Smiley  
Ambassador Lady K'Zin
Forum Founder
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: 02 23, 2005, 07:09: PM »

Hi folks,

As I mentioned to Kesvirit, I will be out of town this weekend and will be without internet access.

Hope everyone has a good time - try to give us a quick run-down of what kinds of things were discussed, OK?

~ Ambassador Lady K'Zin

Administrator,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: